Slatebarns CC site , Roslin, Nr Edinburgh - Comments Please!

May 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi, I would much appreciate any comments regarding the above site.

I'd like to hear about the types of pitches available, whether it is a Quiet or busy site, if children are welcomed and also to the standard of the Shower and Toilet blocks.

Any other info about the site and surrouding area appreciated!!

Many Thanks

Andrew.

Feb 20, 2006
Visit site
HI ANDREW,

i stayed here last year on the main site, hard standing pitches are level,the toilet block was good ,my wife and daughter 15,stayed for 3 days on their own and the owner was very helpful,they went to edinburgh by bus from the village only a 200yard walk from site to bus stop ,2 pubs ,co-op and shop in village.site entrance was busy as next to roslin chapel,

i have read that the main site is to close next year on another web site ,someone was going to try and find out if this was true.

hope this helps ,colin

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Superb site. Only 30 pitches. lovely quiet setting. some hard some grass. Kids welcome. showers excellent. Next door to roslin chapel. We have been going for 15 years. All Colins comments correct. Unfortunately it looks as though it will close at end of this season although not finally decided. We will sadly miss the place.

As for surrounding area - one word - Edinburgh. What more do you want or need!!!

DavidC

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts