sleep calais

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
we are thinking of booking the dover /calais early hours ferry as it is a lot cheaper for 2005 july /aug is there any where to pull over and sleep when we arrive in france 3.00am .

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I done the same thing last month, Catching a very early am ferry we slept in the carpark next to the terminal buildings where all the ferry co's have portacabins. (10 MC's & 2 vans) How to get there? Arriving form Dover don't get on the m'way almost retrace your steps back into the port at the first roundabout ...My View cheap (free) ..Safe ? OK for us but a word of warning it is incredibly noisy

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
James

Although I have never done it there is a large parking area in Calais Port where people often spend the night prior to coming home. You might be safer there than moving on to an Aire.

David

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
For many years I used to park overnight on Bleriot Plage Car park - I visited it earlier this year, and it still looks the same. There used to be a tap by the disused German Pill Box in the corner nearest to the sea on the south side. It is overlooked by houses and the police used to visit it regularly, but I don't know whether they do now. It is accessible from the motorway.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I am travelling to france in the summer, I am travelling by P & O Ferry and our friends via Seacat, we both have not towed our caravans abroad before, can anyone recommend somewhere we can meet in the port of calais before hitting the open road.Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts