Sleeping in porch awning

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
My daughter will shortly use our van for her main holiday, and our granddaughter (14) has indicated she will sleep, with her friend, in the Porch Awning. Is this safe and is there anything I can do to make it so, as well as comfortable. Do I need to place a groundsheet over the Bolon flooring ?

Appreciate any thoughts or suggestion you can offer me.

Best regards,

George

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
Re the flooring....I'm not sure what Bolon flooring is, but if it's the eco-friendly type then it won't be water/mud proof if it rains, so you may well need to put a groundsheet on top of it. It also depends on what the girls will be sleeping on, and whether they're squeamish about wildlife - i.e. insects, worms, etc.!!

For security purposes, your daughter could leave the caravan door open, if she's worried about them during the night.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
George far be it for to interfere but I think the inner tent is a good safety issue zip um up nice and tight and then just say goonight .

good Luck

Sir Roger

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Our Porch awning (Techlite 1) is big enough to put a little throw up tent in it. This is much warmer and more snug than just in the awning, if you do not have an inner tent. Our lad, (12)has often slept in it.

mel

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
we use a 2 man dome tentin side put a double air bed inside it gives you a bouble skin on floor and a double outer skin ,a cheapy from morrisons about

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Hello Sir Roger, Soozeeg and forest gump,

Thanks for your input, I think I will look at buying a low cost tent, that will easily erect within the awning. We do have a double air bed, so will be able to use that. Bolon flooring is eco-friendly but the tent will have a sown in groundsheet, so that will take care of that problem. I may also look at buying a small hand held alarm they could use, in the event of any problems.

Appreciate you helpful comments,

Best regards,

George

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts