Slimbridge

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
As it came so highly recommended from Lord B we decided to book in at Tudor Caravan Park at Slimbridge for the Bank holiday at the end of the month and we were able to get a booking!

I guess we have to try and find the water tap that Lord B used so that we can feel honoured using the same tap. May be able to sell photos of the tap to some Japanese person. :)

After that it will be a case of finding out what the best beer is at the local pub.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
We will probably use the shower inside the caravan anyway. Just hope that we are not miles from the nearest water and waste point.

Although I am mainly a lager lout I do enjoy the Stowford press cider. Got to be the best cider on the market. Sometimes I will experiment with various guest beers or ales but quite often they taste awful but when you get a good one it is not there the next week.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Has this park changed much then? We stayed here for a couple of nights to break up the journey to and from Cornwall about 4 years ago (a while I know) and we found it to be a very nice site. Although the shower block was small, there were definitely 4-5 showers in the ladies and toilets too. There were two blocks if I remember rightly, one being in a more seasonal pitch area. There was a rally on the adjoining field and a very small shop across the road selling provisions to the barges. The canal went directly to Gloucester, and we cycled there on one day. We found the site, pub and area very nice and would return in the future.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Janet, I was there at Easter where I met Lord and Lady B, who are as nice in real life as they appear in the Forum. The site was full and this did put the two showers in the male side of the block under a bit of pressure early in the mornings. This is the second time I have stayed at the site, one being an overnight stop last Autumn school holidays, and think it is a good . I was lucky in the pub as they had Wadworth 6X as guest beer of the week.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Thank you Ray and likewise :O). I can't remember if I mentioned in my other post but the pitches do seem small and closer together than C.C. sites. Overall though its not a bad site.

TRENDING THREADS