Slipping carpets

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Some years ago I used a product called Slipnot ( spelt that way!) and sprayed it on the reverse side of a carpet to stop it slipping on the van floor. It was first rate any stopped any carpet movement. It was not an adhesive - it just formed a sort of rubber coating. However, I can no longer find it. Anyone got any good alternatives??

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
We use some matting we got from a carpet place and it virtually stops the carpets moving. It also stops a carpet moving on lino if you turn it over. Excellent product but I have no idea what it is called.

May 5, 2005
Visit site
We have lift out mats with offcuts of carpet to keep them clean, used some of that but it wasnt brilliant for us,also bought a mat at the Malvern Caravan show two years ago which didnt work,cost around

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
hi, I know it is unorthodox but works "the runner we have for little muddy paws" is secured via a staple in each corner with the staplegun I keep in the front locker

Sep 21, 2008
Visit site
and there was us thinking that we were the only peeps with loose rugs that constantly 'slip' along the length of the van - together with that inccessant call that requests 'lift your feet' whilst we pull those rugs back into position!!

had on many occassions considered nailing them down with 6" nails - that would stop the bu**ers from moving, but had not heard of Anti-Slip Spray, so maybe that's where we go next!!

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Our last two Baileys came with small corner pices of velcro type stickers that go on the floor. Never had any carpet creep.

Cheers

Dustydog

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts