Slow Website

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
I am finding the website very slow. I am going off and reading discussions on other websites while waiting for any one page of this one to load. My own "amateur" website pages load in less than a second! What is the problem? It isn't at my end.

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
But I have no problem with other websites, unless they are obviously overloaded with adverts and spyware.

Perhaps that it the problem here? I have just reloaded the Home Page and seen it hang for 10-15 seconds loading stuff from syndication.twitter.com and I also see googleanalytics, cdnfeedbackify, scorecardresearch and several other third party scripts being loaded, most of which look like marketing analysis stuff.

How do others find it?

Feb 6, 2009
Visit site
no problems with slow loading at all... it seems to be pretty fast at the moment...( and I'm on a slow connection!)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hey ! you should have seen it a few years ago. Positivlely rapid now (with the same ISP connection speed - good for rural Somerset at nearly 2mbs.

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
hi, it is definetly at your end, my guess is you have a banner intrusion on the computer. this is where it tries to load a thousand ads on every page on some web sites, that have inclusive ads on the site like this one!
to make sure, "while waiting for a page to load" look in the bottom left corner of the screen you will see a little tab " saying waiting for" while several ads load up the more ads the more time it takes to load, some of the recent ones getting on to computers is double click, and DNS unblocker it gets in and is almost impossible to remove without a complete HD wipe and reinstall. to stop it once cleaned set the browser to delete history and third party cookies at the end of the session, and never click anything to do with an ad on the page not even the "no thank you" as to a banner this is a yes please and will automatically circumnavigate any protection you have as it has been given permission to invade your hard drive,

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I've used my desktop, laptop and smart phone to access the forum / website over the past few days and the PCv software is running normally without any problems.
Malwarebytes free trial will remove any nasties lurking on your hard drive, it's absolutely safe and thorough

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
My anti-virus software is the paid for version of Kaspersky, it's kept my computers safe for the past four years.
Ad block is ok on some sites but can be a pain on others because it can block genuine content. I use it on here though

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
At this moment in time it is blocking 15 on this web page alone :eek:hmy: .... as you say it can be turned off if required very easily ..... ;)

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi all and I'm very sorry for the slow reply – I was on leave last week. I hope this is resolved for you? If anyone still has any concerns, please post!

Jul 20, 2005
Visit site
I've also found it very slow. In fact, I rarely use it now as it seems to "time-out" while loading graphics and adverts. However, I also live not a million miles from Monmouth, so it could be the location. Other sites, including the likes of Amazon and EBay seem to be fine though.
Jo

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
if you are getting BB through a BT socket some of these were wired and fitted years ago and are not up to the job , I have a service through such a device which was fine at first but now its hit and miss , I get faster speeds tethering my mobile to the laptop , I am now going back to cable slightly more expensive but much faster and less hassle , plus they send an engineer out for free , where as the one I have now want £65

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts