Small Porch Air Awnings

May 14, 2017
Visit site
Just back from a two night stay at our favorite site, and due to the fact it was only two nights i couldn't really be bothered taking the full awning with us. The weather was a mixed bag with a bit of rain here and there so this meant we couldn't really leave shoes or recycling outside the van.
This got me to thinking about a small porch style awning preferably air beamed as opposed to poles. Something that's quicker to put up and easier to dry out if needs be when we get home.
Does anyone have any recommendations?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We use a vango air awning, size 150 sadly no longer made but a couple of little used ones available on e bay, or try JR Leisure at Leicester,where we bought ours, they buy up new end of line stock from manufacturers, and sell on at good discount, the 150 is large enough for small table and 2 chairs and somewhere to hang coats etc, easy to put up with air beams and comes with all the extra bits like rear poles etc.

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
We have just bought a Sunncamp swift air 260, its easy to put up, lightweight and easy to clean. Plus they are a good price. Ideal for weekends.

Steve

May 14, 2017
Visit site
The Sunncamp Swift 260 air was actually one we were looking at. Its looks the perfect size for a weekend night stay. Have you been happy with yours thedoog1?

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi yes we are really pleased with it,ideal size for a weekend. Although we used for a weeks stay earlier this month, plenty big enough. Easy to dry at home if necessary as it is so light.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We have the Swift Air 260, about 3 years old a great little air awning ,but Mels, Vango I think is superior to the Swift as it has a center beam from the Van to the door of the awning, to help let the rain drain better, saying that The Swift 325 also has the beam, and would clear our bedroom window better. As our 260 just clears it.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Kerbdog , does it have to be an air awning ? As we got this for Christmas for a about £1o7 . Yes its a pole awning but it only has three poles and it takes less than half an hour to put up and a few pegs on the bottom .

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
Kerbdog , does it have to be an air awning ? As we got this for Christmas for a about £1o7 . Yes its a pole awning but it only has three poles and it takes less than half an hour to put up and a few pegs on the bottom .

Our Dorema Quattro 225 is poled and only takes 30 minutes to erect. Beauty is you c an stow poles and awning separately which at times can be very convenient.

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
We use our Sunncamp a lot especially for shorter stays. It is VERY easy to erect and has survived strong winds and weather. I do however have a few 12 inch pegs for main points and adapted storm straps for very bad winds.

Sunncamp_260_2.JPG

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts