Smoking Ban in Spain

Apr 25, 2008
Visit site
As from the 2nd jan 2011 it as an offence to smoke in bars,hospitals,and school playgrounds and any enclosed public place.Our local spanish bar owner is very happy,as he is virtually full most nights now.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I was about to say 'don't hold your breath waiting for full observance of this law, particularly in rural and inland areas' then realised that - until such times - holding you breath is actually the thing to do.

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
WOW. I am finding this really difficult to believe. Normally the Spanish have a total disregard for anything and everybody. and you need an oxygen mask to eat in a restaurant. I recently went on a cruise that sailed out of Barcelona and it was full of spanards who insisted on breaking the cruise lines policy regarding smoking. they smoked everywhere! and if told by crew member they would just come out with a load of abuse. We owned a villa in Spain --- best thing we did was to sell it!

Jul 17, 2005
Visit site
The spanish bar owners here in Andalucia are taking the smoking seriously.In malaga last week the bar we called in where there was outside seating heaters and the bar owner provided throws as well to keep warm temp down to 15c at 9pm

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts