Snow for Easter!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just look at the long range weather forcast, it say depent on which way the wind blow we could be in for some snow at Easter,

up the north, we had that last year, hope not but who know??

Trevor

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Just looked up the long range forecast on "Metcheck" for my area(Bristol)and yep.....looks like a terrible weekend with low temps and strong winds.

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
If you saw the Daily Mail article Monday they have already forecast a barbecue summer like last year but not by the met office.

NigelH

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
I never trust the long range forcast they never get it right. My wife is always looking at it, if rain is forcast she gets the hump, but if sun is forcast she says it's never right they can't predict the weather that far!! Just check the local weather a few days before you go thats what I always do...

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
That lovely girl Miss Dianne on Northwest News weather says the snow will only be on high ground, trick is to get to Ashbourne next weekend without going over high ground, might get away with it going via leek instead of Buxton.

NigelH

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Dusty was up there again yesterday playing golf at the Cavendish club lots of rain over night.

At the moment they are doing road works down from Grin low in to town but should be clear by summer, took me 1/2 hour from the Macclesfield Cat fiddle road to get to the course, by the way still snow in places at the Cat and Fiddle.

Taken your advice and got the Maxiview system, set it up Wednesday for trial run took about 45 min but superb picture and loads of channels.

NigelH

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
We are just looking forward to getting away it will be our 2nd outing in our caravan so we are just going to grin and bear it. I asked my husband what we would do if it snowed, he said we would do the same as at home so there you are just hope we get there in one piece.

Sep 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi Trevor

Looks like you're going to be right after all. We've pitched in gale force winds in Wales; freezing temperatures in Buxton and had the van snowed in at Matlock - bring it on!! We're off to Moor Lodge at Bardsley near Leeds for the Easter Break (left it too late to book to be honest so just glad we've got something); Stuart will take the van +dog on Thursday afternoon and I'll drive over from work - dinner and a glass of wine waiting for me - can't wait.

Not the first time it's snowed at Easter, my brother got married on April 15th in 1978 and it snowed that week too!!

Jul 22, 2005
Visit site
We are off to Peebles for our first outing and forecast is snow! We are taking our 6 week old daughter on her first caravanning experience should be fun especially since her 2 brothers think she will be sleeping in the bunk beds - not! to everyone brave or mad to venture out this Easter break have fun rolling the eggs and wrap up warm.

The Gardiners

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The plan is to tow the van up the A9 tomorrow from Edinburgh to Aviemore - looking at the Aviemore webcam and traffic cameras there is a fair bit of snow around and will take a decision in the morning as strong winds are detailed on the Met office forecast. New Year was the same with 2/3ft of snow to contend with on site. I must love it

Oct 27, 2005
Visit site
Well we all know the weather is not good for Easter. We are due to go away but I am parnoid about putting the awning up if there are strong winds as we lost an awning at North Devon in strong winds last year. Do people just not bother with their awnings if it is windy. I can't go out for the day as that is what happened in North Devon and an awning billowing up against an 25 ft van is very scary and causes a lot of damage. Please let me know your thoughts. Thakyou and have a nice Easter everyone.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Gidders

if i was you i would maybe stay somewhere down south untill friday because its pretty grim up here..

Denise

if its really windy and i am staying somewhere that is exposed i dont bother putting my awning up because as you said you spend your time worrien if its still attached when you get back at the end of the day.

Rab

Oct 27, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Rab, we have decided to leave the awning at home. We are only away for 5 days and two of them we have long days out planned. I actually like the thought of getting there and not having to face doing the awning especially if wet and windy. Also the chances are that it will come down wet, so thats another thing not to have to worry about. Whatever the weather we will have a lovely time. Denise.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts