Snow?

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Sep 26, 2008
Visit site
Oh yes

150 miles south of Stavanger in the Norwgeian sector of the North Sea, helideck and decks have a good covering, helicopters still flying, It's a bit nippy round the ears to say the least

Bliss,

roll on Tuesday, back to Terra firma and a good old family xmas

Rob E

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Hello Pat and Ray! Thanks for your heartfelt concern! I'm quite ok here in the sleepy backwater of Market Harborough (No, not Margate Harbour)I've just come back from Finedon and the A14 and A6 were fine. the side roads are quite..............zzzzzzzzzzz

Derek

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Awwww c'mon Derek, tell us what the side roads were like before you go to sleep :O(

This thread is getting more like a weather forecast and is getting snowed under with posts.

Anyway I digress, we ain't got no snow, didn't get any snow and what's more we don't want any bloody snow :O)

G

You will all of course have noticed that everything is now measured in stupid centimeters to keep the Frogs happy. When they tell you on the Beeb that '5 centimeters of snow have fallen' you may get a bit worried. of course that really is less than 2 inches, but it does not sound so dramatic. And when they can tell you that '20 centimeters are falling' wow! you can really panic. Of course that is less than 8 inches, but who is counting? In days gone by when global warming was not a political football, we had snowfalls of 2-3 feet, and people just got on with it.

May 28, 2008
Visit site
Last time I looked at the calendar it was middle of December.

You should expect snow in December.

There may even be snow in March.

The time to start worrying is if there is snow in June or July.

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
OOOOH YES, we have snow. Our son is at this minute well and truly stuck in a layby near A1.One of the other trucks has slipped down the bank.So the shelves at Tesco might be a bit depleted tomorrow.Goodness knows when the tow trucks will arrive,they have been there since 1800hrs last evening.I had a nice beef stew and dumplings waiting for him as well.It is always a worry when he is out in these conditions.Hopefully he will be back in time to take his daughter xmas shopping tomorrow.He has been out in it since 02.00hrs yesterday.WHAT A TO DO!!!!

Thursdays Child

May 25, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

Glynneath, which is just down the road from Merthyr Tydfil, just enough snow to make pavements dangerous, side roads need a bit of care. No depth, just slippery.

But main roads seem to be full of budding rally drivers honing their skills (on dry tarmac?). We found the transporter driver carrying half a dozen cars, and carving his way thru traffic a bit worrying. Of well, I suppose it seperates the "Quick from the Boys".

Jul 22, 2005
Visit site
We are just off junction 8 the M74 and its snowing hard here - yippeeeee. We've been out sledging with the children and not forgetting the dog. We had loads of fun - hope more snow falls and we get stranded and have to stay home!!

The Gardiners

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
First of all apologies to Derek.

Still no snow but last night about 10pm it rained which then froze during the night. I live on a hill and our road is a sheet of ice including the pavements. It's been like this all day so there was no chance me trying to go out, besides I couldn't walk up our drive without going a$$ over head :O(

There have been some attempt to get up the hill and not many made it. I was in the bath earlier when I heard a lot of revving and my wife went outside and she said he tried to turn because he couldn't get up then started sliding back down sideways getting ever closer to our caravan.

The ice is there for all to see. It must be 1/4 inch thick yet these idiots think they can manage it. I often wonder what makes some people tick.

It was funny first thing this morning though when first letting the dogs out for their ablutions, they skidded most of the way on their backsides across the patio until they hit the frozen grass :O)

OK Derek, I've finished now ;O)

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
1" overnight here near Cirencester.

Got the Wyoming on the drive warming up ready for tomorrow's run to Instow North Devon.

Hope the roads are cleared by then.

Very very cold. Dogs walk time now brrrrr.

Cheers

Dustydog

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
dusty dog

you must be descended from the SAS!

The only thing i'm doing with my van is charge the battery, the wheels are off till april.

Sunny here in worksop, no more snow, roads of the main drag icy but passable.

Temp 0.5c, humidity 85%

May 21, 2007
Visit site
What is this humidity that's creapt into the weather forecast in the last few years. Is it the amount of damp in the air or what. Is it better to be higher or lower. Does it depend on where one lives.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
In relation to my post above a chap who lives further up the hill from me decided to go out in his car this morning. I watched him slide from the top to the bottom, nice straight road, until he finished up sideways into a concrete lamp post. Crunched the door and pillar good and proper.

Just after coming off the phone asking the Highways Agency when are they going to grit our road, which they couldn't give answer but would pass my message on, the Council were on the radio saying they have enough salt to grit the roads 3 times a day for weeks ahead.

Some of the tyre marks from vehicles skidding are only a couple of feet from my drive and caravan. To make matters even worse a stupid a school of motoring car has just drove past. What a way to teach others responsibility. Then again there are so many schools of motoring around here they are out all hours seven days a week trying to make a living.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts