Solar Panel Input Coachman Vision 2014

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi - I've recently taken delivery of a new Coachman Vision 520/4 ('Anglia' dealer special edition). I've got an external solar panel and controller which I've used on my old van (2008 Sprite Major 6) to keep the battery topped up when we're away from mains hook-up. I wired this in to the loom on the Sprite, however there isn't a dedicated connector on the Coachman loom that I can see. The dealer suggests that the 12v 'lighter' socket next to the aerial input in the battery box can be used both as a 12v output, and to connect the solar panel to for input. I'm a bit sceptical of this advice and don't want to fry anything by connecting up incorrectly. Unfortunately the wiring diagram in the handbook doesn't show the relevant socket, so I can't check what it's connected to, and it's very difficult to see where the wires go to. Does anyone have a similar set up so they can advise me please? Many thanks, David.

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
My solar panel can be clipped straight onto the battery of via a 12 volt lighter socket both ways are fine as the regulater will stop any overcharging.
The easiest way is to connect directly to the battery by making your own short loom with a suitable plea and socket,

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts