solar panels

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Because of where my motorhome is parked I need to ensure the battery is fully charged, anyone advise me on what size solar panel I need
All info gratefully appreciated

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
We have parked our van away from home for 10 years. Never had to charge the battery! We visit it occasionally, but never run the engine, just check for condensation in winter. If you are worried about the battery, just take van for a spin now and then Just get a good battery, why spend money on a solar panel? Our van is used twice a year to go to France/Spain We do approx 5000 miles a year. Have only change each battery (Engine and domestic) once.

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I have a Swift 686 which I have had fitted with a 100W solar panel as there is no power at my storage compound. Without a solar panel, my leisure and vehicle batteries would flatten in less than two weeks. Switching OFF the Sargent unit did help eliminate this and avoid battery drain.

If I do not isolate the battery my alarm flattens the batteries and no alarm means no insurance cover.

Now I leave the alarm on but switch the Sargent unit OFF in storage, the solar panel keeps the batteries charged just fine and I have no problems !

It is a good idea to keep a regular eye on your van and take her out for a ride at least once a month !

Better still, use it regularly as standing for long periods does it no good, and it's good to get the most from the investment you have made !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts