Sorrento XS (auto) Wheel judder

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
I apologise for posting this again but it's causing great annoyance. My '55' reg Sorrento (6k miles) will ALWAYS 'judder' its front wheels when turning left or right from stationary. It's similar to the juddering / squealing that you get if you have a DIFF lock and then try to turn a corner; the inner wheel squeals as it is trying to revolve more slower than the outer wheel. However I don't have a DIFF lock !

Do any Sorrento owners have an idea or, better still, a solution? It really shouldn't judder from a standstill each time; and yes, I have the 4x4 option set to 'Auto' i.e. let the car decide - presumably based upon levels of traction?

Thanks

John

Jun 23, 2006
Visit site
Could you not test drive the same model at yours or anothers dealers John to see if that does the same. Or get the servicing guys to sit in with you and tell if what you here is what they expect.

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
Could you not test drive the same model at yours or anothers dealers John to see if that does the same. Or get the servicing guys to sit in with you and tell if what you here is what they expect.
Hello PC; yes, I intend to take it in for its first service in a few weeks. However, I just wanted to know if other Sorrento owners had experienced the same thing.

Jun 23, 2006
Visit site
A Renault we had knocked when turning left the dealers said the car was fine having taken it for it drive told me to wait until it was serviced.

Same problem after the service but they said the car was fine.

I booked a test drive in the same model and there was no knocking, the salesman was a little mifffed to find I was an existing client.

After some debate with the service dept and the garage general manager they took the car for a proper drive only to find that the exhaust system was not aligned correctly and had damaged the paint / stroke rust protection under the car.

Jun 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

I have a 04 auto and it does not judder on hard lock. However if you look on the UK Kia Forums you will see some forum discussions that cover the topic. Most likley seems to be the electronic clutch that selects 4 wheel drive in 'auto' mode, which thinks it needs 4 wheel drive when starting from off with hard lock. I cannot give you the full web link for the above Kia Forum as my PC crashed the other day and I am still re-establishing the links. But it should not be hard to find.

Regards

other clive

Jun 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

try www.uksorento.com which is totally Uk and have some good technical advisers, there is also the Kia World Forums witha UK Sorento Branch.

Hope this helps.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts