South of France site idea's

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi.
Where do you go in the south of France. We have been to camping les sablons about 7 yrs ago looking for to go back to the south of France next Yr and want ideas for campsites. Was going to do Spain but decided France instead. Something with a beach front or close to. Must do caravan pitch and have tents or chalets to hire also. Cheers and Tia.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Can I suggest Campsite Au Port-Punay just south of La Rochelle? The site has available fully serviced pitches with water and waste water hookups, swimming pool and decent restaurant on site. Beach is less than 1/4 mile away. LIDL and other supermarkets about 10 minutes drive. Also they have a big market twice a week in the next town which is less than 5 minutes drive away.

Reactions: RichardW1
Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
Can I suggest Campsite Au Port-Punay just south of La Rochelle? The site has available fully serviced pitches with water and waste water hookups, swimming pool and decent restaurant on site. Beach is less than 1/4 mile away. LIDL and other supermarkets about 10 minutes drive. Also they have a big market twice a week in the next town which is less than 5 minutes drive away.

Er, didn't the OP say the SOUTH of France? Nice area that La Rochelle is, it ain't nowhere near the south of France!

Reactions: Hutch
Mar 30, 2019
Visit site
Try Camping le Haras. About 5km from beach. Has chalets, mobile homes and pre-erected tents for hire as well as touring pitches. It has a pool and in my opinion the restaurant is very good - it won the ASCI award for the best campsite restaurant in France. It's right down at the bottom end of France not far from Spain.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I am well aware that paris is in northern France, but the campsite I recommended near La Rochelle is south of Paris or was the last time I checked? Not sure what your point is?
My TIC post was that the OP was wanting pitches on the south coast not the West coast, but maybe your map is 90⁰ anti clockwise.
As you have mentioned before your SoH ( Sense of Humour ) is not to everyone's.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
My TIC post was that the OP was wanting pitches on the south coast not the West coast, but maybe your map is 90⁰ anti clockwise.
As you have mentioned before your SoH ( Sense of Humour ) is not to everyone's.
Apologies for my failed humour so early in the morning. Thought I was being picked on again.

Just to be pedantic as per OP south of France is Spain and Portugal. :ROFLMAO:

Aug 3, 2023
Visit site
I recommend the area around Argeles Sur Mer. Quite a few sites to choose from. Beautiful beaches from vast expanses of sand to little coves. Short drive into the mountains if you want a change from the coastal scenery. Lots of picturesque, historic towns and villages such as Collioure with it's castle, Ceret, and many more. Close enough to Spain that you can pop over for a tapas lunch, or even a day trip to Barcelona.
It's a long drive down, but imho, well worth it.

Mar 30, 2019
Visit site
Le Haras-the campsite that I have recommended is about 5 miles from Argeles. There are other campsites within that area too although I haven't used them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts