Southwold

Mar 31, 2009
Visit site
My husband and I are hoping to take our caravan to Southwold (Suffolk)for a few days next month. Can anyone recommend a site, we are members of CC, C&CC, and don't mind CL or CS, preferably one that has fishing on site, we would prefer something within 15-20 miles of Southwold. The only other requirement is electricity as we are quite self sufficient.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi the C&CC club have a site at kessingland. I think that is near Southwold (failed geography so check on a map!) I haven't been there myself but nearly booked it for this years August hols, it looks OK on the C&CC website. In the end we booked Heathland Beach which is a private site but has play area and swimming pool which will suit my foster son. There are some very big Park Resort type sites also at Kessingland, I'm hoping that we have booked something middling.

Mel

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi the C&CC club have a site at kessingland. I think that is near Southwold (failed geography so check on a map!) I haven't been there myself but nearly booked it for this years August hols, it looks OK on the C&CC website. In the end we booked Heathland Beach which is a private site but has play area and swimming pool which will suit my foster son. There are some very big Park Resort type sites also at Kessingland, I'm hoping that we have booked something middling.

Mel

Oct 24, 2007
Visit site
Hi Ann

We went to Suffolk last year the site was the C & C site @ Kessingland on part is nearly on the beach but looks more like a car park,& the other part of the site is good some grass Or Hard standings, good Chip van comes to site I think it was on a Friday, the other site is C&CC very nice site near to the Africa wild life park with some sort of concession tickets avalible, also gets the chip van round

Mick K.

Di3

Jul 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi Ann

Sorry missed your original post been away!!! My husband and I visited Suffolk last September and stayed at C&CC site at Kessingland, it was busy but very nice, warders very helpful, clean and tidy, yes the chip van comes once a week, but get there early!!

Also carboot on Sunday (in next field) if you fancy browse.

We cycled to Southwold from the site, also beach just down the road nice to cycle/walk to.

Spent two weeks in the area really enjoyed it as not a part of the country been to before.

Hope this helps

Di

Jul 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Friends of ours use a CL at Walpole which is a small village near Halesworth. I have not been there myself so cannot recommend, but they like it there. It has electric hook up and you can hire the private indoor swimming pool if you wish. I go fly fishing in that village and I understand there is course fishing in the village as well, although I am not into that. Halesworth is only about 15-20 minutes from Southwold. There are two CLs listed for Walpole on page 458 of the directory. If you are into sea fishing, you can do that from the pier in Southwold.

Hope that helps.

Neil

May 14, 2009
Visit site
The CC have a lovely site at Kessingland right on the beach called White House Farm ( I think). Lovely views and the nearest to southwold. There is a commercial site at Southwold but I wouldn't like to use it.

Aug 31, 2008
Visit site
Hi Ann

My wife and I visited that for a few days last October Half Term.

After a lot of website searching we chose Azure Seas, just north of Lowestoft. This is a lovely site with the touring pitches in mature woodland and overlooking the beach.

From this site we travelled south to Southwold for the day. Whilst there/travelling there we had a quick look at 2 other sites we had considered.

(1) Kessingland CC - I was not impressed narrow access road and stony unimpressive beach

(2) Southwold, near the harbour. Mainly statics and not very pleasant in appearance.

We were glad that we had made the choice of Azure Seas. We pitched on the edge of the cliff with lovely sea views from the caravan front window. You can see my review and 12 others here.

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/reviews.asp?revid=1927
We live a long way from this area, in Merseyside, and were only, unusually,in the area to visit my sister-in-law who was seriously ill. If, however, we lived nearer we would go there as much as possible.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Tim

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
We have just got back from Suffolk, stayed at the CC Cl at Sizewell. Vulcan Arms pub. Basic electric hook up site but has the pub which is quiet and the beach for fishing in a matter of yards away.

Good walks from site, nice Co-op supermarket at Leiston and well placed for both Southwold and Aldeburgh.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts