Spacelite Awning

Oct 29, 2006
Visit site
I have just bought a Spacelite Revolution awning and on looking at it, it doesn't seem to have a under caravan skirt or wheel arch cover. Have I been done or do I have to buy these separately?

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
Alan, What is your experience with the spacelite awning. Some people on the internet complained that they were not able to erect it properly. Any advice on that

Do you have to buy anything else.

Thx

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Hi

My parents just gave me there spacelight have tried it on the caravan am quite impressed, however my parents had the middle guy rope tied from the rear of the awning to the front then down to the ground am not sure if the rope should be across the middle of the roof?

Any ideas would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
Hi

My parents just gave me there spacelight have tried it on the caravan am quite impressed, however my parents had the middle guy rope tied from the rear of the awning to the front then down to the ground am not sure if the rope should be across the middle of the roof?

Any ideas would be great.

------------

Ahhhhhh - the mysterious inner guy line!

I'm not entirely sure what it's for - Spacelite, themselves, aren't entirely sure what it's for, and I daresay that the Chinaperson who sewed it in-situ isn't entirely sure what it's for either ;)

It's just 'there', and I use it to support the roof which tends to billow generously in the slightest breeze. It can't stop the 'up' billows, but it does restrict the downward movement ;)

BTW, I've figured out what the design defect of the spacelite is.

In order to get the roof as taught as possible (and it seems that the concept of a 'taut' Spacelite is something of an oxymoron) it's necessary to put as much tension as possible on the line attached to the centre of the frond hoop - thus pulling the fabric as tight as possible (which, as previously noted, ain't that tight)

This, however, has the effect of forcing the hoop downward - there being no vertical support to stop the hoop flexing.

Once the hoop has been pulled down, the front fabric become slack - so it's probably best to carry a coin to decide whether to settle for loose top, or loose sides (some people seem to have both ;)

My plan is to get a small extendable pole (I can envisage using one of those adjustable clothes line props) to stop the hoop deflecting when pulling the top out as tight as it will go.

More great design from the East ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts