Spanish Speed Limits when towing

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
otherclive said:
EH52ARH said:
My ACSI book for spain says non motorway 70 kph. And on Motorway 90 kph. And also if your outfit is over 12 meters long you need the yellow and red reflectors.

And here is another item I have just found out. Anyone know about it.

FAILURE TO CHANGE YOUR REGISTRATION PLATES

As a resident of Spain you can drive in Spain with British registration plates for 30 days. As a non-resident you can apply for tourist plates, this allows you to drive in Spain with British registration plates for six months per year (private use only, not for businesses). For your first offence you will be given five days to start the process of registering the vehicle in Spain. Customs are informed. On the second offence (outside of the five days leeway) if you do not have proof of the registry process having been started, it will be considered a traffic violation and you will be fined. Customs will be informed and the vehicle will be taken to your residence and clamped.

That’s an interesting one as last year we were in Spain touring for five weeks. In all my reading of tour guides and websites I didn’t spot anything re tourist plates. They don’t publicise that one do they?

Doesn't apply to UK registered vehicle and UK resdients-only vehicles bought & registered in Spain.
You can stay up to 6 months on UK plates (as we do) and then come home and go back again
Mike

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts