Spectre

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to watch the Bond film Spectre. and I can't understand a word. what bright spark thought that dialogue, (most of it whispered) should came second to the background music. Turn up the volume, turn up music only .

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Was the light okay though. So many films seem to be filmed in gloomy conditions. On our Freesat we often have to resort to watching recordings of dramas with sub titles on. One tv series was slammed fir its poor sound and diction. (Jamaica Inn)

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
It's a feature of the way modern films/programmes are made - specifically they optimise for 4k HD and are compressed for SD transmission - I find some programmes are better watched in HD which in my case means receiving in HD on the Freesat box and watch on the HD-ready TV.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
It's a feature of the way modern films/programmes are made - specifically they optimise for 4k HD and are compressed for SD transmission - I find some programmes are better watched in HD which in my case means receiving in HD on the Freesat box and watch on the HD-ready TV.

Thanks. Looks like the 10 year old Panasonic’s days may be numbered. It has “early” HD. 👎

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Maybe you need to upgrade it :)
Maybe. But we don’t normally change things until they fail or technology/functionality absolutely demands it. One exception seems to be that my wife really dislikes the “ gold” fittings in the house and is on a quest to “nickelise” curtain tracks, lights, hinges, carpet restraints etc. As such changes require decorating there’s much resistance from me.

Reactions: DaveA1
Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
It's the same when I try and watch Professor Bryan Cox, you can hear his voice but what he's saying--------

Looks like my old Bush HD ready is useless by to days standards.

They were sitting at a table on a train, no train noises, just a meaningless jumbled music.

Why whisper, to each other, when they are standing yards apart. Just a dower film.

Lets have car chases like they use to, A 2CV (was it) out running the spy master.

Reactions: otherclive
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We still got a Toshiba 40in Full Hd we brought it brand new with a 4 years Guarantee it now 9 years old still going strong it in the bedroom the reason it went there it fit better on the side cabinet (So we brought a new one for xmas)

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Maybe. But we don’t normally change things until they fail or technology/functionality absolutely demands it. One exception seems to be that my wife really dislikes the “ gold” fittings in the house and is on a quest to “nickelise” curtain tracks, lights, hinges, carpet restraints etc. As such changes require decorating there’s much resistance from me.
We are of the same opinion regarding technology i.e. TVs. We had a 12 year old Sony in the lounge that never gave us any trouble however decided to upgrade to an all Bells and Whistle Panasonic so the Sony has been relegated to the bedroom and the bedroom Tv to the kitchen the kitchen Tv to conservatory.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
In 51 years of marriage we are on our third tv. The first was as students. It was a colour tv made by Murphy. Well actually the case was coloured orange but the tv viewing was only in black and white.

Reactions: DaveA1

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts