Speed Limit Stickers

Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
When we left UK for France end of May there was a lot correspondence regarding 80/90 stickers on rear of caravans.

We were away for five weeks and during the whole time including journey to Perpignan we found only one caravan with these stickers and it was owned by a German family on our site. Has this matter been resolved now?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Not quite sure if its been definitively resolved but it seems it is not required for non French caravans to display the stickers unless it is a requirement of their country of origin. Have you checked the Caravan Club website to see if the advice on there had changed as that was the main source of the original information.

David

Nov 29, 2007
Visit site
I fitted stickers for a recent trip to France. The only other ones I saw were on UK vans at the channel tunnel terminal! Three out of five had them. Still, it gave peace of mind, I don't want to upset the French plod if I can help it.

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
On my recent three week holiday in France I only saw one van with the stickers.......mine!......Never saw another either on road or on site, and I did look. Noticed that even a few non French hgvs didn't have them either.

As someone else said it gave me peace of mind for the duration of the holiday for the price of seven quid.

Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I actually ordered some online just before we left but husband didnt want them on the caravan until he felt it necessary. As we only saw one caravan in all that time with the stickers; the stickers are still in the glove compartment.

Aug 6, 2008
Visit site
Hi

we spent all of june touring in france,my sister in law and myself bought the 80/90 stickers but we never put them on the caravans.we noticed that not many caravans had the stickers on,in the ferry port so we had them just in case.i believe its only for the europeans,they are not bothered about us at the moment.now we are going to barcelona the end august for a month,which means we have to marker boards on the back of the van because car/caravan is over 12m long there seems to be something all the time when you go abroad. Alan P/T

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This is what is on the Caravan Club website. As can be seen it is still far from clear!

David

"The French highway code stipulates that 80 and 90 stickers must be displayed by vehicles required to drive at the lower limits, however we have been contacted by various members who live in France advising us that this requirement to attach stickers is being ignored, and the French police are not interested in enforcing it. We have also received conflicting opinions from the legal department of the ACF and the office of the French Minister of Transport, the ACF say that the stickers need to be displayed by vehicles registered abroad and the French Minister of Transport is staying that they do not. We have tried without success to get clarification on this point."

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts