St. Ives, Cornwall

Jul 15, 2006
Visit site
I love St. Ives and we go regularly. We stay at Ayr Holiday Park because it is in the town. It is expensive though and has more than basic facilities. Polmanter Park is walking distance but is also a site with lots of facilities. I'm sorry but I don't know of any with basic facilities.

Jan 4, 2008
Visit site
Chris..Polamnter is a great site, fantastic showers a great bar

good food etc. They have an hourly bus service into St Ives for a small charge which runs until 11pm. Book early we tried for this year without success.

Sep 23, 2006
Visit site
Chris,

Yes Polmanter is fantastic. Many people book there for the following year while they are still there the previous summer. You really do have to get in quick!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
chris, I do not know if you are a memeber of the C&CC and when you are going but the Cornwal Distric Association run a Temporary Holiday Site at St Ives Rugby ground from mid July to mid August.

Basic facilities but well stewarded and use of the Rugby Club house. within walking distance of the town and beaches.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hello Chris

Try www.littletrevarrack.co.uk

This site is in Carbis Bay in the lanes and within walking distance of both St Ives and the beautiful beaches of Carbis Bay. The site is secure and suitable for families, with clean washrooms showers and toilets and a choice of e.h.u. or non e.h.u. pitches at reasonable prices for that area. During high season there is a bus service into St Ives and back. The site has added a childrens pool since we stayed there and there is no club house or anything like that on site. It is a clean and well run site since coming under new ownership a couple of years back.

Nov 3, 2006
Visit site
There is a place called Calloose, which is at Leedstown, just outside of Hayle/St Ives, have never stayed there but looking to in the future.

The Rugby club also provides extra public summer parking, and the mini buses run up and down the hill into St Ives all day for about 50p each. Wise choice to take the bus, that hill is a killer lol

Jul 4, 2006
Visit site
I can see St Ives on a clear night (not tonight though its peeing it down with rain and blowing a gale and has done for days) and I would advise looking at sites that are not commercial i.e no bar, pool etc etc. This appeals to lots of people no problem but doesn't appear to be what you want. Try a certified site or a small site a bit further out you'll get a better nights sleep. Even in September St Ives is busy. We stay quite regularly on a site on the other coast which out of peak time is a fiver a night and is perfectly adequate but then it's not St Ives which as a local we avoid like the plague in the summer months anyway. We get away from the holiday traffic on the north coast as many weekends as we can by going to places less popular with those of proper holidays. (To get an idea of the area of the site you are looking for try either google earth and put in the post code or microsoft live maps and put in the post code.)

TRENDING THREADS