Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We are booked to go on the PC rally in Brittany, ferry arrives St Malo about 9.00am allowing for unloading, site is approx 20 miles from St Malo, so say an hours drive, but we can't get on site until 2 pm. Anybody got any suggestions as to what we could do around St Malo for say 3 hours bearing in mind we will be dragging 26 feet of Bailey beind us.

Nov 13, 2008
Visit site
Keith,

Seeing as I'm on the same ferry, I will see if Eurocamp can open the doors to the site a little bit early!

I'll let you know what the outcome is

Cheers

Nigel Donnelly

Editor

Practical Caravan

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for that Nigel, it would certainly make life a little easier to arrive early, I am a little suprised that there hasn't been more comment on the forum about the rally so far,surely we are not the only ones going.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
The town of St Malo is well worth a look around, in its own right. It's walled like a fortress, with some interesting narrow streets, shops and restaurants, and I'm sure you'll find somewhere caravan friendly to park up and spend a couple of hours wandering. There are good parking areas all around the town.

We usually travel on non-toll roads, and often find places worth stopping at for a look around a market, a castle, or a riverside, so we've left our van parked around various towns in France - and with no security problems whatsoever on any occasion.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you can find a spot to park I would commend a walk around the walls, I used to enjoy watching the boule players down below at one point.

Don't use St malo now as Ferry price is too high

Nov 13, 2008
Visit site
Dear All,

I have spoken to Eurocamp, which says the site will allow early arrivals for rally attendees. Happily there's plenty of free-time scheduled in during the trip too so there's plenty of time to revisit St. Malo during the trip. Good news I think, as it's a real highlight of that bit of coastline.

Incidentally, I once spent a nervous overnight stop in the ferry station car-park in my old camper van. I wouldn't recommend it. I spent the whole night sat bolt upright with my Maglite to hand, ready to clobber any interlopers.

Cheers

Nigel Donnelly

Editor

Practical Caravan

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts