Stabiliser Fittings - Snakemaster - Ford S Max

PW

Jul 7, 2005
Visit site
Have just bought a Ford S Max and have a detachable Witter towbar.

Of course I forgot all about my caravan stabiliser and how this was going to connect to the new towbar. The Witter is a swan neck with no additional accessories so I haven't got a clue how the Snakemaster is going to fit!

Any one got any advice? I've done a bit of a web search but nothing coming up yet. Thought about contacting either Witter or Snakemaster but no obvious technical help lines I can see.

Thanks

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
I had a swan neck towball on one of my cars - the Bulldog (Scott-Halley) fitting was never satisfactory so I reverted to bolted ball fittings after that.

I specifically wanted a detachable for my current car so paid extra and fitted an Al-Ko AKS 3004 hitch stabiliser to the caravan.

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
PW,

I had Bulldog clamp-on stabiliser bracket fitted on a swan-neck (Bosal) towbar and used it for towing various caravans and horse trailers many thousands of miles over a seven year period and it was just fine, no problems or movement at all.

I only took it off as we don`t tow with that car any longer, but would have no hesitancy in using it again if I needed to (unlikely as the new van has a Winterhoff and I do`nt tow horses about any more).

If it`s fitted properly it`s fine. I can`t vouch for some of the pressed steel things you see on E-bay though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts