Stabiliser problem

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi, just returned from a weekend away to find that the little screw that holds the stabiliser secure into the towbar plate has stripped it's threads at the end, I was able to remove it but now cant put it back in. Can anyone possibly explain why this has happened and also where I may get a replacement screw, It's an early Bulldog stabiliser, my nearest dealer (lowdham Caravans Nottm) stock a replacement Bulldog part but It is slightly a fatter thread.They reccommend any standard bolt that fits. Anyone any ideas. Many thanks.

Dean.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
im sure that when fully screwed in ,it doesn't actualy screw in up to the end of the shaft,would it not be possible with care to either hack saw or grind 5mm from the end leaving a good thread to screw in

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi again,

That's a possibility but if I shorten it then will it then not reach the recess in the stabiliser, thus rendering the whole thing useless.

Dean

May 29, 2005
Visit site
hi dean try a local engineering firm or if you know an engineer or mechanic they should be able torunn a tap down the thread to clean it and supply a new bolt

regards tony

TRENDING THREADS