star pitches

Oct 20, 2007
Visit site
Please can someone tell me what extra equipment is required for a super/star pitch with water and drainage?

I've just upgraded our pitch for this Friday, only to realise we may need extra stuff.

Trudy.

Jan 19, 2007
Visit site
Hi Trudy

You'll need a length of drain hose to reach from your waste water outlets to the drain which is usually at the side or back edge of the pitch and also a kit for fresh water so that you can connect from the standpipe to your water inlet...we just bought a kit from the local caravan dealer. Ours is an 'Aquaroll Mains Adaptor'. If you can't get one, you can just use your barrel as usual but have a length of hose to refill instead of taking an 'aquaroll stroll'. It will still mean you have to manually fill your barrel though. Hope you enjoy your trip.

Denise

Oct 20, 2007
Visit site
do you still use your aquaroll, i am confused as to why you would continuously fill it with your aqauroll adaptor kit, even if this is done automatically, isnt it possible to connect a hose directly from the standpipe to the water inlet on the caravan thereby bypassing your aquaroll and not using your pump?, thanks for the reply.

Jay (trudes husband)

Sep 8, 2006
Visit site
You may also have a tv plug in next to your van which can be quite handy. I carry a 10 metre coax in van just in case.

Good Luck, Dan.

Sep 8, 2006
Visit site
May I also add you don't really NEED anything other than what you already have. It just means you can fill up aquaroll and empty waste next to your van rather than take a walk. Although I would certainly go for the waste pipe at least.

Dan.

Jan 19, 2007
Visit site
Hi Trudy and Jay

The aquaroll kit works like this: The site water supply (of unknown pressure) fills the aquaroll half full, and has a cistern ballcock to keep it half full. The caravan's normal pump then draws from the aquaroll on demand, at the right pressure for the van. I think the reason for the set-up is so that the van's plumbing is not subject to a potentially high pressure supply, the consequences of which could be messy!

I don't know if other systems work differently, but we can say that this system does exactly what it says it will.

Tim (Denise's husband).

Jun 18, 2008
Visit site
do you still use your aquaroll, i am confused as to why you would continuously fill it with your aqauroll adaptor kit, even if this is done automatically, isnt it possible to connect a hose directly from the standpipe to the water inlet on the caravan thereby bypassing your aquaroll and not using your pump?, thanks for the reply.

Jay (trudes husband)
Mains water preasure is somtimes too strong for caravan water systems. Far better to use an aquaroll adaptor

tash

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts