Status TV System

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I am a bit disapointed with the performance of the Staus TV booster system in my current van. Have just purchased a new TV which has better tuning etc. but the performance through the Status system is not that good. Recently on a site in a poor reception area we virtually could not use the TV where as people nearby did manage to use their TV's. I have tested the system at home which is in a strong reception area and the picture is better using the simple aerial provided with the TV than when connected through the status system. Any ideas in what could be wrong ?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi James

We have exactly the same problem- We have now abandoned the TV altogether and take a good book instead! My husband say he now wouldn't consider taking the TV. We take a lap top as we need it for our business and if things get really desperate we watch a DVD!( not very often!)

Caroline

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
I have had Status omni directional aerials on vans as standard for over 10 years and find them fairly useless except on very strong signal strength locations. I bought a Vision Plus Image 530/18 directional aerial last year with a pole that clips on to the awning rail and side rail (comes with a fitting kit if you have no side rail) and get superb results including freeview in the right locations. Scroll down on this link http://www.practicalcaravan.com/product/jan05.html

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have a Status 530 directional system fitted in our Lunar van and this has so far proved to be quite acceptable however, last w/e we stayed at the CC Moreton in Marsh site and TV reception is very poor hence every pitch has a boosted aerial connection point as well as elect. hook-up. We purchased a 25M cable from the shop and connected the TV through an open window! and I was able to watch the US Masters golf with no problems.

Just this evening I have fitted an outside aerial socket inside a side storage box and run the cable through to the built in aerial socket in the van following the route of some existing cables so you don't even know it's there. No more cables through the window and every eventuallity should be covered!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have a Status 530 directional system fitted in our Lunar van and this has so far proved to be quite acceptable however, last w/e we stayed at the CC Moreton in Marsh site and TV reception is very poor hence every pitch has a boosted aerial connection point as well as elect. hook-up. We purchased a 25M cable from the shop and connected the TV through an open window! and I was able to watch the US Masters golf with no problems.

Just this evening I have fitted an outside aerial socket inside a side storage box and run the cable through to the built in aerial socket in the van following the route of some existing cables so you don't even know it's there. No more cables through the window and every eventuallity should be covered!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
James

Check the bits of TV aerial cable you can get to. Two things - are any nails/staples actually going through the cable itself - and are the terminations OK (Firmly connected where they should be firm, and no "shield" strands touching the inner core)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
James

Check the bits of TV aerial cable you can get to. Two things - are any nails/staples actually going through the cable itself - and are the terminations OK (Firmly connected where they should be firm, and no "shield" strands touching the inner core)
Thanks for the info have checked out all connections that I can get to, have also used a meter to check things. No problems that I can detect.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have had Status omni directional aerials on vans as standard for over 10 years and find them fairly useless except on very strong signal strength locations. I bought a Vision Plus Image 530/18 directional aerial last year with a pole that clips on to the awning rail and side rail (comes with a fitting kit if you have no side rail) and get superb results including freeview in the right locations. Scroll down on this link http://www.practicalcaravan.com/product/jan05.html
Have managed to borrow a friends Vision Plus 530/18 what a difference it really works !! I am going to buy one. I need to work out how best to mount the aerial - I have an awning rail but no side rail (2004 caravan) also I don't want to drill holes in the van. Maybe a suction pad type fixing may be available - any ideas

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Dear All.

We had the same issue on our new Bailey, On checking the wiring we found the cable from the antenna was in the output side of the booster, once corrected we had a picture that was as good as the TV at home,

Carlton.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Dear All.

We had the same issue on our new Bailey, On checking the wiring we found the cable from the antenna was in the output side of the booster, once corrected we had a picture that was as good as the TV at home,

Carlton.
Ive also thought them pretty useless.

I bought a magic circle and had no problems since.

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
Have managed to borrow a friends Vision Plus 530/18 what a difference it really works !! I am going to buy one. I need to work out how best to mount the aerial - I have an awning rail but no side rail (2004 caravan) also I don't want to drill holes in the van. Maybe a suction pad type fixing may be available - any ideas
James, the aerial and pole are bought separately. As far as I know there are different types of pole available of you don't have a side rail

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
Look here for options http://www.gradeuk.co.uk/products/accessories/masts.asp

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Sorry to say but the name "status" is about all it does. I have reverted to a conventional Hi gain ariel purchased from Wilkinsons for

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
the status aerial is hopeless, you are not on your own. but don't despair if you must watch tv on site (or like us have children) then buy a standard tv aerial from a diy stoe and a pole to atach to the front of your a frame, this has worked great for us. we are just in the process of changing our coachman laser 590/4 for a ace celebration twin axle and the new van comes with a pathetic copy of the staus. ive had experiance of the copy on my sisters avaondale and believe me swift group should be ashamed of themselves for forcing this rubish on us. the status is bad but this copy just does not work at all. buy a cheap aerial and forget the staus is even there.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We bought another cheap aerial which was much better. However, we decided that rather than leave our Sky Digibox at home it made sense to take it with us. I acquired a Dish/LNB and mount it on an old Camera Tripod. Solves all reception problems and I can follow my Sports. Dish & Tripod sit under rear fixed bed for transit. We just have to remember the Skycard & Remote Control.

Mike

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

I must be one of the lucky one's. I have a Status aerial on a Elddis EX2000 and I must say it has been great even to the extent when in France the year before last in the Cherbourge area we were getting U.K T.V no problem except channel 5.

I must admit I had put solder on all earth braids and used contact cleaner on all other non solder connections and I have 3 T.V sockets in the van, not that we use them at the same time.

Rob

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
i have found that the status aerial produces crap pictures with ghosting unless your in a very strong signal area,however this year i took a freeview box with me and hey presto great pictures through the digital box but still ghosting and picture breakup if viewing anologue transmissions.

It may be worth taking a freeview box on holiday and trying it!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts