Stealth caravan

Feb 28, 2009
Visit site
Went to the NEC today and wanted to have a look at the Stealth van. Company rep was only allowing 2/3 people in at a time and acting as a doorman. After entering he ask me what I thought,I said I found it not very 'airy' whereupon he asked me to vacate the van to let someone else have a look. I hadnt even seen the bathroom or bedroom!

If that is the way they treat potential customers than they can stick it where only a 'stealth' can go !

Jim

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
James

I looked at the lyouts on the web a couple of weeks ago but find them the most undesirable layouts I've ever seen.

Nothing better than sitting back on the comfy fabric L shape lounge of my Bailey to look at a great view from the panoramic windows.

From what I can see the Stealth has no decent windows at all, astonashing! looks more like a mobile drug dealers den and a very expensive one at that, and with no pedigree.

Takes all sorts I suppose.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I visited the NEC today too and had a look inside and outside a couple of caravans from the Stealth range.

There were lots of people in and out when I was there and the range had obviously generated a lot of interest.

It is good to see a manufacturer who is 'pushing the envelope' in terms of design but unfortunately the contemporary look and minimalist furnishing design was not to my personal taste.

Apr 30, 2008
Visit site
For those interested, the Stealth website has been updated with photos now. http://stealthcaravans.co.uk/uk/index

Not too sure that its my cup of tea, but Im sure it will appeal to some.

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
We also visited the show and looked at the Stealth, and I agree with James, it was rather 'airless' and very enclosed. However, the worst feature for me was the lack of space round the island bed. I had to inch in sideways (and I am not over-large!!) round the edge of the bed and to get dressed in there would be impossible. I did not feel that his area had been throught through very well. Also the side settees were definately not for lounging on so not for me either.

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
We also visited the show and looked at the Stealth, and I agree with James, it was rather 'airless' and very enclosed. However, the worst feature for me was the lack of space round the island bed. I had to inch in sideways (and I am not over-large!!) round the edge of the bed and to get dressed in there would be impossible. I did not feel that his area had been throught through very well. Also the side settees were definately not for lounging on so not for me either.
should read 'this' not 'his'.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Across all the various caravan forums, the general consensus is negative due to high price, high kerbweight, Ikea type furniture, black front and interior design. If you have the table up and want to go from the bedroom to the toilet, it seems that you have a problem.

Reminds me of an episode ith the Simpsons where Home comes across a long lost brother who is a car manufacturer and the long lost brother allows Homer to design a car according to the way homer thinks it should look. The result was disastrous and the company went bankrupt.

If someone bought one of their caravans today and that did happen I would imagine that you would have a real problem with spares. Secondly I wonder what the resale price of these would be in 3, 4 or even 5 years time?

Goodluck to them and any oen that buys a Steal th caravan.

May 8, 2009
Visit site
Don`t Bother...

We went to the NEC today to buy a new caravan, When we went to the Stealth stand there was a barrier across with an representative there stopping everyone. We were told that ` If we were only browsing and not buying to come back later`

We stood there with 3 or 4 other couples who had had the same treatment, looking at the caravans through the windows and externally discussing why we not buy one of these at ANY price..

Feb 28, 2009
Visit site
Ppsontour,

That's very interesting. Thats the attitude I felt from the representative concerned.

If stealth carry on like this with potential customers then I have to wonder what their aftersales/warranty would be like.

Silly me, that's assuming they will sell any with this kind on attitude.!

Oh well you made me feel much better, I thought it must have been my fault!

Jim

Ps. I hope Stealth are still monitoring this site!

May 8, 2009
Visit site
I don't know who they think they are... great marketing but when the product was revealed, it wasn't anything special so they have to keep the interest going somehow - even if it means not letting any prospective buyers actually see it!!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I have to say that when I saw the blue led lighting around the wheel hubs 'Pimp my Ride' sprang to mind. They are a curious addition even if they are just being used for display purposes.

When we were there we had no problem looking inside and around the Stealth units.

Perhaps the manufacturers are hoping to limit the numbers tramping through the display models because of limited stock availability.

May 2, 2006
Visit site
I was at the show yesterday and went on to the stand to have a look at what the hype was about. No problems with the attendant salespeople.

I wish the company luck and I hope that they get a good return on their investment and provide employment to lots of people. However I think they will struggle - I am not at all sure that their target market exists in sufficient quantities to do well. For myself, the van really did not appeal for very many reasons, some listed above by other posters.

One oddity I thought was how "un-aerodynamic" it looked at the front with quite a shallow angular shape. I asked one of the salesmen if it had been put through a wind tunnel to see how well it tows and was quite taken aback by the reply. He said "No, there is no need as it is a very well established shape in the trailer industry, used by burger vans and trailers everywhere." To which my reply was along the lines of "but you don't generally try to tour around europe at 60 mph for 2,000+ miles with a burger van."

Cheers

Mike A

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
I was at the show yesterday and went on to the stand to have a look at what the hype was about. No problems with the attendant salespeople.

I wish the company luck and I hope that they get a good return on their investment and provide employment to lots of people. However I think they will struggle - I am not at all sure that their target market exists in sufficient quantities to do well. For myself, the van really did not appeal for very many reasons, some listed above by other posters.

One oddity I thought was how "un-aerodynamic" it looked at the front with quite a shallow angular shape. I asked one of the salesmen if it had been put through a wind tunnel to see how well it tows and was quite taken aback by the reply. He said "No, there is no need as it is a very well established shape in the trailer industry, used by burger vans and trailers everywhere." To which my reply was along the lines of "but you don't generally try to tour around europe at 60 mph for 2,000+ miles with a burger van."

Cheers

Mike A
I have already posted on this product, I was at the NEC today and was treated like a 15 year old trying to get in a pub by their bouncer style sales people who were very rude and wouldn't let us in to see their product, with their attitude towards the public they wont be around long. They must have had something to hide, SHOCKING ATTITUDE

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts