Steep drive and twin axle!

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
One of our reasons for moving house was to have the caravan at home and not at storage, so storage isn’t an option. I think the plan is we will have to do something with the drive to take the sharpness out of it, somehow! Once we are in then I guess we will need to work it out!
Have you a picture of the drive that you need do work so you can park your Twin Axle at home .

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Have you a picture of the drive that you need do work so you can park your Twin Axle at home .

This has been suggested at least twice but the OP hasn’t moved in yet, and we don’t know how close he is to the new house. But considering the new house is on a main road and has such a sloping drive the OPs criteria of storing the caravan there is a bit strange. But at the end of the day it will either fit on the drive or it won’t. Then in the absence of work around such as changing the drive or using baulks of timber, or Tracmat bridging ladders the choice is change the van or store the van. Assuming a further house move isn’t on.

Reactions: Parksy
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I decided last night to try and work out mathematically the chances of bottoming out the caravan, and removing the rear panel, as the head of The Caravan Club did in that wonderfull program a couple of years ago.

I then realised I needed the dimensions of the caravan, distance from the rear axle to the tow ball, distance from the tow hitch to front and rear axles of the caravan, and most importantly the incline angle of the driveway.

I then decided to concentrate on which cheese went better with a nice Rioja, chedder, stilton, or a delicate goats cheese. A much better result.

Reactions: Mel and Dustydog

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts