Sterling Elite Emerald

Oct 30, 2006
Visit site
Blimmy, what have I done ??!! Went clay shooting with my son (he beat me easily,) the wife stayed in the club house reading and drinking tea, said she wanted to pop to White Arches in Rushden after, only 10 miles up the road if that, from Sporting Targets, we have been talking about changing the Caravan, we have a fixed bed Abbey Freestyle 540, served us well but has minus points, we have been looking at End Bathroom side dinets , liked the Unicorn Madrid, tried to see about a deal at GT Towing over Easter but thought it was too expencive, well today walked out of White Arches after buying a brand new Sterling Elite Emerald, it answers nearly all the Q's we have and is gorgeous, looking forward to picking it up on 21st, try night at Ferry Meadows then the following week already booked in the Lakes, cannot wait, we are so excited, yes it is expencive but we only live once and we love our trips away, we are like kids at christmas again !

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Congratulations on your new caravan!
It's always the way, you only wanted to 'have a quick look round' or to 'buy some awning pegs' and before you know it you are the proud possessor of a new caravan and the salesman can get on the phone to book his timeshare in Tuscany!
Good Luck with the handover and let us know how the maiden voyage goes.

Oct 30, 2006
Visit site
Still cannot belive we decided so quick, I am normally a check, check, read review and check again kinda guy, both of us didnt sleep well that night thinking what the @$%& have we done ! We are going clay shooting then popping up to White Arches tomorrow with my Mother in law to look again, cannot wait for the 21st , we have booked a try night at Ferry Meadows as we know it well, hope no problems because were off to the Lakes the following Saturday for an already booked holiday, we love our caravanning life, only got one as we cannot afford a narrowboat, now would not change it for the world, we go away as much as work will allow and only had one bad trip, North Cornwall, storm wrecked ours and loads of others awnings and even cars, then it rained day and night, but every other trip has been great, hope everyone else enjoys theirs as much .

Oct 30, 2006
Visit site
We picked up our new caravan from White Arches on saturday and one word, brilliant !
The customer service from White Arches cannot be praised high enough, only problem was getting out of the car park because of all the people picking up their new caravans, but everyone had a smile on their face on a lovely sunny day.
We took the caravan to Ferry Meadows for a try night as we are off to the Lakes for a week next Saturday, I had a great long list of things to check so as not to miss anything, all crossed off as working, we did have a bit of a problem with the hot water, but somehow by luck we got it working, my wife and son had a lovelly shower in the van, my turn next and no hot water, as half ten by then I did'nt fancy waiting for it to heat up so had a cold wash, problem was no hot water in the morning, I did think, oh no big prob, but we solved it, know how ? By reading the instructions ! We did not realise you need the Aldi heating system on for the hot water, we thought it was just for the rad central heating system, which by the way is great, streets away from our old blown air heater.
People always go on here about poor quality caravans and go on about German ones, yes they are good but they weigh a ton and are very expencive.
I think we get a bad impression on forums because if things are good we are happy and it is what we expect, but when things are bad or wrong, we all want the world to know how hard done by we are. This is our second from new caravan from the Swift group, had the last one years without a single problem, and I know this one is new and we could have problems later on, but at the moment everything is good and works and long may it continue, by the way we are also not easily pleased people who would accept shoddy goods or treatment, actually did just think of one thing i'll be calling White arches about, found one allenscrew missing on a light, that was it.
Thank you Sterling and White Arches, we are very happy and cannot wait for the Lakes next week and many more great trips.

Oct 30, 2006
Visit site
Have to say again what great customer service from White Arches, I called them about the missing Allen screw and got three through the post the next day. We are off to the Lakes tomorrow and cannot wait, hope a bit less windy than when we came back from Ferry Meadows last Sunday.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts