sterling elite searcher 2008

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi all

I have been looking to purchase the above van, the one thing that is bothering me is that i noticed they have the aliuminum window frames, as we use our van all year i am concerned about condensation, the van has the alde heating and the sales guy has said that we would not get condensation with this type of heating and window combination.

we have a bailey wyoming 2008 and get excessive condensation in the winter on the aliuminum frames to the point of it dripping down off the top of the window frame. we do leave at least 2 of the windows on the night catch to try to help with the problem.

If anyone has a 2008 sterling with the alde heating and aliuminum frames can you let me know if you have a problem with the condensation or was the sales guy telling me the truth !!!!!

many thanks

Sharon

Aug 2, 2009
Visit site
Hi, we have the Searcher 2008 model. We have been out till late November and noticed a little condensation, but nothing excessive.

The Alde heating is excellent. We use our own shower all the time and have moved the Omnivent to the bathroom as we have air con fitted. This makes it very easy to remove any steam from showering.

The only window where we have noticed condensation on the frame is the kitchen one, not sure why though.

I would say the aluminium frames are not as good an idea as the plasic ones, but I cannot say that we have found them that bad.

You will love the big fridge/freezer and the Alde heating. Once the van is warm you just keep it running and it is extremely snug.

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi, we have the Searcher 2008 model. We have been out till late November and noticed a little condensation, but nothing excessive.

The Alde heating is excellent. We use our own shower all the time and have moved the Omnivent to the bathroom as we have air con fitted. This makes it very easy to remove any steam from showering.

The only window where we have noticed condensation on the frame is the kitchen one, not sure why though.

I would say the aluminium frames are not as good an idea as the plasic ones, but I cannot say that we have found them that bad.

You will love the big fridge/freezer and the Alde heating. Once the van is warm you just keep it running and it is extremely snug.
Thanks Jennifer you have put my mind at ease,we love the layout of the van and having such a problem with the wyoming window frames i was quite concerened when i saw them in the sterling today.

many thanks for your response

sharon

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Sharon

I purchased a 2010 model of the elite Searcher, I picked it up in december 09! we went to edinburgh over the new year, on our site there was a foot of Snow ! and the night time temps, reached -9

The alde heating system was absolutely brilliant, no condensation anywhere, and ours has the aluminium frames.

My advice "Go buy it" it is without a doubt the best van we have had, by a long margin,

Paul

TRENDING THREADS