sterling shower

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have a sterling eccles 2004 and recently noticed that we had a leek in the shower (only used twice) still being fixed 2 weeks but apparently the tap we need cannot be sourced anywhere within the swift group as they are replacing so many. Will this cause a damp problem? Also had a problem with fridge not working when attached to car/ wooden chopping board warping we are on our second and a couple of other minor points. First time to caravanning not sure if we have done the right thing. Are these problems normal or are we just unlucky.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I think you could just be unlucky. After a few teething problems (ALL down to the ineptitude of the dealer who did more harm than good during the pre-deilivery inspection/PDI) we have had 2 1/2 virtually trouble free years from our Eccles Moonstone. I don't understand why a leaking tap might cause damp problems, unless it leaks behind the shower unit. The fridge problem could be down to the car wiring (there needs to be a relay to prevent the fridge operating until the engine is running). The chopping board is similar to the problem we had with our plastic sink basin - the feet dropped of the first two out after a week causing this to leak. Swift eventually replaced this with a new design and no problem since. Compare this to the problems me and a friend had with our 1998 Swift caravans! Both had to be returned to Swift after 4 years to be virtually re-built due to water ingress. I am confident these days have gone - or at least I hope so!

Aug 13, 2004
Visit site
Helen, we've also got a 2004 Eccles but no problem with the shower (yet?). We do have the same problems with fridge not working on 12V and warped chopping board - what was the fix for the fridge? Cheers, Simon

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Helen, we bought a new 2004 moonstone and although we have'nt had problems with the fridge (yet?) we have had a leaking shower tap. Our dealership told us that this is a problem with the assembly of the tap at manufactures (re: a pin / rivet connecting the unit together which makes it crack), and is'nt unique to Sterling / Swift, they are also fitted to Lunar. When our's leaked the water ran behind the shower unit and under the single / side bed. As far as the twisted chopping board is concerned why do'nt you approach the dealership to order the plastic chopping board instead as fitted as standard to 2005 Sterling / Swift models

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Helen we have just collected a new Bessecarr 625GL and yes the shower tap leaked and flooded the bathroom carpet.About as much joy from Swift group as talking to the moon. Kept onto dealer and it was fixed in two weeks. What with all the other things we found wrong it makes you wonder why you by a British made caravan.

jvs

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
No you are not alone we have the Swift conqueror picked it up in march this year nothing but problems all the ones you have mentionedloads more curtains dropping out of windows not screwed grp front panel cracking a frame cover useless(distorts plugs if secured) etc, not bad for nearly

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Our Swift 550SE going in for it's first service next month.

Additional problems to be sorted are (1)cracks in shower base that look like they have been repaired before we collected van. Agent say's they have had a few in with faulty shower bases. (2) Two small cracks in the front panel, one at the top of the front panel in the middle and one on the right corner.

Also going to cost me

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts