Stiff Tap

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The tap on the kitchen sink of my new van is very stiff when moving it over the bowl and back again.Is there an adjustment to free it off a little as a considerable effort is required to move it.

The vans a Lunar Lexon. the tap lifts up for on, and turns for hot/cold.

Jim

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
You don't say what make your mixer tap is - the Whale Elite mixer has no adjustment but isn't stiff when fitted properly.

As your Lexon is new, contact the selling dealer, it may need attention under warranty.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yes I believe it is a Whale Elite, I just thought I may be able to DIY adjust it had that been possible.It's not too urgent and the dealer is 40 miles away. Thanks for the info

Regards Jim

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Jim

You say 'tap'. Do you mean faucet, the bit the water comes out of, rather than the on/off/temperature control tap ?

If the faucet is difficult to move, try putting a little olive, or vegetable, oil on the joint between moving and fixed parts. A few little drops, and moving it back and for to let it work in, could well ease the stiffness.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Peter

Yes it is the bit the water comes out of.I rang the dealer this morning and he also advised the olive oil treatment. He says if this does not work he will replace the whole thing on the warranty.

Speaking of olive oil this is a much cheaper alternative for lubricating the cassette toilet seals rather than the Thetford Spray.

Regards Jim

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lunar have sent me a replacement tap via my dealer. I fitted it myself this morning, and it moves too and fro with ease. I checked the seals in the outgoing faucet which are made from neoprene, its like hard plastic with very little give in it. The new tap however has rubber type O rings fitted.They have obviously changed the spec on them, maybe this is a known issue!

Jim

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts