stirling elite sea,rcher

Mar 7, 2009
Visit site
just seen one of these at our locale dealer any one got any tips about what to look for on them its a 2005 model,wife has fallen in love with it,would love some how has it been for you if anyone has had or got one

neil

Aug 2, 2009
Visit site
We have a Searcher, but a newer model (2008), so a few differences. The basic layout is a little different too as we have parallel seating at the front, I think a 2005 would have the L-shaped seating?

Personally we prefer the parallel seating, but it is a very personal thing. If you are not sure about it then check out whether there is enough headroom in the front seat, and if there is enough space for 2 to stretch out and watch TV at once (if you like to do that). Check the TV position too.

The kitchen is spacious, the big fridge is excellent. Double bed is a decent size. Our bathroom is different, we have the walk-in shower and no big cupboard, but both styles are good.

Our heating is different, we have the Alde system, which is very good. With the Truma, check the operation/position of the thermostat, sometimes it stops the heating working as it should.

Make sure you see EVERYTHING working in the van before you hand over any money......a friend bought a 2004 model and was assured everything worked, but the fridge had lost its coolant, cost them a fair bit to get it fixed.

Mar 7, 2009
Visit site
thanks jennifer i might well wait a little and go for a newer model then as the heating sounds good on yours, mickey it was in leeds

Aug 2, 2009
Visit site
The 2008 models are the first ones to have the Alde Heating, they also have the wider body (2.3 metres) so are more spacious. And they have the silver sides.

In the 2009 models they changed the "woodwork", personally I prefer ours. You could also consider the equivalent Swift Conqueror model, identical apart from the interior colours and some external graphics.

The water system on the new models is a bit different, rather complicated I think, again I prefer ours as you do not have to use the on-board tank all the time.

If you prefer the white sides, the equivalent Ace and Abbey models were still made in 2008.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts