Stock getting lower

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
Just looked at the web site for our local Swift dealer and they now only have 8 used caravans and 1 used motorhome for sale.
I hope they manage to stay in business as the other local main dealer closed earlier in the year

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Our local dealer, Golden Castle, have 11 used and 19 new.

Some years ago they would have about 60 in stock. Once a year they would hold an auction to reduce stock. They told me that vans they had on sale for months achieved more at auction as people must have thought they were getting a bargain. And they didn’t need to give a guarrentee.

John

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Not going to just give numbers of nearest dealer as it will just become a list of everyones local dealer, one thing I have noticed though is it does seem that with the used stock it’s mostly newer more expensive vans so nothing under about 14k, anyone who has an old van and is thinking of changing in next 12 months ought to think seriously of selling privately sooner rather than later, once COVID gets more under control then lots of used vans could suddenly be on the market, good luck to the dealers because we all want them to be around long term, I sold our ranger 4 berth which had not got major but fairly serious damp for £3500, damp was pointed out to the buyer but I think if I had waited another month or two it would have fetched 5k.

BP

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I did look at our nearest dealers website and they had only one used one left and they normally have double figures. I looked at another not too far away and they say they have 24 but they included some older ones I would doubt they would normally stock and some 20220 models but the prices looked very inflated. The 2020 ones will be the show models but unlike previous years there are no discounts. They would normally have far more though.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Went to another caravan dealer he did have three caravans under 12k and some newer ones under 23k but at the moment we are not interested selling our caravan only got it last year would like upgrade early 2022

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Went to another caravan dealer he did have three caravans under 12k and some newer ones under 23k but at the moment we are not interested selling our caravan only got it last year would like upgrade early 2022
We investigated a couple of months ago and liked a new Adria 2 berth with end bathroom and at nearly 7 m with good payload upgrade. But we then decided did we really want to sleep together. 🤭
It wasn’t the making up of the beds it was that our current van allows me to use the made up double and my wife uses a rear single. It also gives us flexibility to accommodate our granddaughter if she wants to come, where I then sleep on the rear single. So we’ve parked that idea, and plan to upgrade the kitchens in our house and our daughters where unlike the caravan market there are some very good deals on offer.

Reactions: Cammy
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
In our present caravan we have a 2 berth end wash room but we do not sleep together and our bunks are bigger enought to sleep separate
190cm X 72cm
When we upgrade it will be like in the photo because we like the set up .

Attachments

• 4TBEW01.gif
    4TBEW01.gif
    6.3 KB · Views: 4
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Some caravan dealers only had few more for sale but alot of caravans have sale agreed so they are still selling well .

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I said in a previous thread I have had two offers to buy my Wyoming from local dealers. Their caravan stocks are depleted!

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
After twelve years of happy holidays and memories you must be pleased with a good return on your original investment. Just think of the next one and more happy times again with a new one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brasso530

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
These attractive offers for used caravans are great, but what really matters is what our caravans are worth to us.
Anyone who sells their tried and trusty caravan and who intends to continue with the hobby would have to buy a replacement caravan at equally inflated prices.
The replacement caravan might have yet to be discovered faults, not good if the caravan that was sold had every fault and problem sorted by you.
No thanks, I'll stick with our well loved trusty and trouble free Abbey 620 Vogue dealer special that we bought brand new in 2008.

Reactions: Hutch and Dustydog
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
These attractive offers for used caravans are great, but what really matters is what our caravans are worth to us.
Anyone who sells their tried and trusty caravan and who intends to continue with the hobby would have to buy a replacement caravan at equally inflated prices.
The replacement caravan might have yet to be discovered faults, not good if the caravan that was sold had every fault and problem sorted by you.
No thanks, I'll stick with our well loved trusty and trouble free Abbey 620 Vogue dealer special that we bought brand new in 2008.
Our thoughts exactly. We were offered a good price by one of the dealers that Dusty quoted but apart from not having anything that we really liked decided to stick with what we know. And whilst it’s not the Ritz of caravans it’s comfortable and gives us what we need for enjoyable breaks away. Glad we decided to withdraw it from sale this year.

Reactions: Parksy
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Like Parksy’s in her day the Wyoming was top of the range and still is imo .I don’t have liquid Alde central heating. But never been cold with the Truma Ultraheat. So she is staying with us. Plus the number of mods I have done over the years would take ages to include on a new unit. She is staying!👍👍👍

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Like Dusty & Parksy i use to think that when we brought our seasonal van that was the top of the range Elddis Crusader Super sirocco twin axle caravan L shaped Lounge it had dark glass windows big fridge freezer Alde central heating we owned her for 4 years and she was great and we got a good price .

May 7, 2012
Visit site
While prices may be good it will take a lot to beat the deal we did on our Trophy, where after five years we traded it in for £50 more than we paid for it. It did take four hours negotiating in the dealers, but that was the best we have ever done. The caravan was sold by the dealer within two weeks so they were happy with it.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
When Covid 19 is brought under control, as forecast there will probably be a glut of caravans on the market and this may depress selling and also trade in prices. Plus dealers can be fussy and choose whether the want to trade in certain brands of caravans that are no longer on the markets to avoid any future hassles. Either way the consumer loses!

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
i would agree when this Covid19 is under control because there will be alot of customers getting rid of there caravans and going aboard again so the caravan dealers will be choosy what they want and what will sell
And we the customer will lose out.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts