Stolen Recovered Caravan Purchase?

Aug 2, 2008
Visit site
Hi. I'm new to all this. I have been offered a stolen/recovered caravan at a good price from a dealer meaning I could have a newer van for my budget.

I know it must be awful to be a victim of caravan theft but are there any issues I should be aware of in buying one or should I steer clear. The saving is about 3-3500 and there is not a lot wrong with it by the sounds of things - a bit of interior damage which I can fix.

Dec 9, 2007
Visit site
Hi. Don't fret too much about the victim. I know it sounds awful,but think about it ; they've been paid out by the insurance company and either bought a new van or spent it on something else.

Do consider though, the resale value when you eventually want to sell or partx.And bear in mind the dealer will have paid absolute peanuts for the van from the underwriters.

Dave

G

These are the brand new, touchy-feely, politically correct caravan forums - and it's no longer permissible to say which social/ethnic group is most likely to have pinched the caravan in the first place.

So it's up to you as the prospective purchaser to decide what sort of people might have been using it before it was recovered, and whether you fancy using it after them.

Plus, there's always the possibility that the thieves might recover from the nasty slap on the wrist imposed on them for stealing it in the first place, and decide to do a bit of recovery of their own....

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Please be careful we had a caravan stolen, which was recovered ad later written off by the insurance co whom sold it on, the chasis was twisted, i would hate to think that it was sold on, but who knows !!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts