Oct 17, 2005
Visit site
why do people think they can just take without regard of others feelings. i've had all seating stollen in the last 2 weeks, and was going away this weekend but now i can't cause of some git, could go on for ever.

andy

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Really sorry to hear of this. Did you read the recent post from Lutz who said that in Germany theft from caravans and of caravans is rare.

I think he said that his caravan(s) has/have been left with little or no security and nothing stolen in the past 15 years.

I may be being politically incorrect here but on the farm where my caravan is storred the Farmer and his Sons run regular security checks each year for about a month when the Dorset Steam Fair is on. Lots of Travellers - his alarms were triggerred about three time a week during this month.

For the rest of the year? - just once or twice in eleven months!!

Local Police recommend a Tracker Device. They work well.

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
This sickens me. I hope you both get it sorted quickly.

maybe PC could investigate putting a caravan crime database together to capture where and when the trends exist. This information would be of great use to the owners and the police / insurance companies. Also, it could identify what security measures do and do not work.

Oct 13, 2005
Visit site
maybe I will click the suggest a forum button and ask for a stolen forum where people can post full details of stolen items and the rest of us can keep em peeled as Shaw Taylor used to say.

One tip I would give for your van is put a couple of unusual stickers on it because that way it will be easy to spot ie If you have lost a sprite major super serial number xxxxxxxx no one can tell its yours without getting up close but if you say My Sprite major super with a chatsworth sticker to the right of the number plate and a capital radio sticker in the rear window serial number xxxxxxx has been stolen chances are someone may spot it on the motorway if it it towed anywhere just because of the odd stickers.

Oct 3, 2005
Visit site
Although we haven't had anything stolen as yet, and we feel so sorry for those of you that have, we felt that we just had to share this good news for someone. We were travelling along the A50 towards Uttoxeter on saturday afternoon when we were overjoyed at the sight of a Dethleffs caravan towed by a white transit van (quite possibly a traveller), on the other side of the road being surrounded by 4 or 5 police cars, it may have been quite inocent, but we rather think that it had been stolen, it was good to see that the police were seen to be doing a good job! whoever you are we hope that you are happy that your caravan has been recovered.

Nov 5, 2005
Visit site
Although we haven't had anything stolen as yet, and we feel so sorry for those of you that have, we felt that we just had to share this good news for someone. We were travelling along the A50 towards Uttoxeter on saturday afternoon when we were overjoyed at the sight of a Dethleffs caravan towed by a white transit van (quite possibly a traveller), on the other side of the road being surrounded by 4 or 5 police cars, it may have been quite inocent, but we rather think that it had been stolen, it was good to see that the police were seen to be doing a good job! whoever you are we hope that you are happy that your caravan has been recovered.
My sympathies go out to all who are a victim of any sort of crime and the distress that it causes. Four weeks ago we had our 2 year old caravan stolen from a secure storage site by what the police believe to be travellers in a white unregistered transit van. The caravan had an expensive wheel clamp, hitch lock and 2 industrial chains and a locking device that my husband had engineered with an industrial padlock that secured the van by the axel to a metal fence. The thieves cut through all security devices and locked gates with and acetaline cutter. Obviously these were not opportunitists. As you can imagine it has left myself and my husband wondering as to exactly what you can do to protect your property against people who are prepared to go to such lengths to steal what is a valuabe piece of equipment.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts