Stopover near Pickering Nr Yorkshire

Jan 30, 2007
Visit site
We are going to the NFOL in August, travelling from Hampshire via A1 can anyone suggest a stop over near to Yorkshire and on route, Mid week, do not mind a service station. Just want to put the legs down kip and start of in the morning.

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
hi caroline

ferrybridge, leeming bar, or scotchcorner,services may be worth looking at if you just want to get your hesd down for a few hours on route, there are also quite a few small sites you can visit ajacent to the A1 near catterick, have a look in your books for locations sorry I cannot recommend any in particular as comming from yorkshire I have never stopped off so close to home

hope this helps

colin

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Caroline, theres also the Camping Club site at Borobridge, just off the A1 and theres a Morrisons s/mkt or local shops if you need any top ups, Bazz.

Jan 30, 2007
Visit site
hi caroline

ferrybridge, leeming bar, or scotchcorner,services may be worth looking at if you just want to get your hesd down for a few hours on route, there are also quite a few small sites you can visit ajacent to the A1 near catterick, have a look in your books for locations sorry I cannot recommend any in particular as comming from yorkshire I have never stopped off so close to home

hope this helps

colin
Thanks it could be quite a late arrival so a service station would be better.

May 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi there,

The Caravan Club have a nice site within a 10 min drive of A1 at Scotch Corner.

The Site is Hargill House, it is listed as Richmond in the CC books but backs onto the A66 very near to the interchange and services with the A1 at Scotch Corner.

I have not stayed at this site, however I did visit it whilst passing one day. I thought it to be a very nice quiet site with nice views facing south over the fields and Hills, I would also recommend pitching to the south side of the site as the North side which sits adjacent to the A66 main road may suffer from some traffic noise.

A little further up the A1 you have the The Grange CC site at Durham, this site is situated just off the A1 therefore ideal as a stop over, there is also a Tesco etc quite nearby as well as Durham City centre.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Andrew

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts