Stopovers, Cherbourg to Vendee

Mar 5, 2009
Visit site
We are travelling to the Vendee in the summer via Cherbourg. As the ferry doesn't dock until 5pm (French time), we intend to make a stopover. Does anyone have any suggestions for possible stopovers say midway between Cherbourg and Northern Vendee?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The Vendee is driveable in a day from Cherbourg. Toll free if my memory serves me right. My suggestion would be to stop over night at the municipal site at Carentan, 30 miles from Cherbourg, Camping Municipal Le Haut(e) Dick, which is a very good site just off the N13, have a good night's sleep and be away on the journey south the following morning. A 10.00am deparrture should get you into the Vendee comfortably by mid afternoon. Bon Voyage

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
As you will be arriving 5pm French time - you will still be working on the English time of 4pm. I would suggest that within 2 1/2 hours you could reach Camping Haliotis - just past Avranches and just of the main road to Rennes. This is a lovely site with a very clean bar area which opens up onto the poolside. You will get there with enough time to set up, perhaps have a drink, evening mean and walk round the site. You can then afford a little lie in in the morning to get over your journey and have less of a journey down to the vendee. We always call into that site when we do this route and will do so again this year when we travel down to Royan.

Jan 28, 2009
Visit site
As you will be arriving 5pm French time - you will still be working on the English time of 4pm. I would suggest that within 2 1/2 hours you could reach Camping Haliotis - just past Avranches and just of the main road to Rennes. This is a lovely site with a very clean bar area which opens up onto the poolside. You will get there with enough time to set up, perhaps have a drink, evening mean and walk round the site. You can then afford a little lie in in the morning to get over your journey and have less of a journey down to the vendee. We always call into that site when we do this route and will do so again this year when we travel down to Royan.
Camping Haliotis is one of the nicest stes We have been to in France !

Kind regards ,

Leo

www.vianormandy.com

Mar 5, 2009
Visit site
Thnks Lesley for the info will be contacting the campsite asap.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts