Storage advice

Apr 19, 2023
Visit site
Hi, we are moving house in a couple of months. Currently we keep our caravan at home but will need the drive altered where we are moving to. So we plan to store the caravan at a Cassoa gold site for a couple of months.

My question is what do people do about the leisure battery? Although everything will be switched off the tracker will draw some power. Will it go flat meaning when we pick it up the motor mover won't work and the tracker will die?

Any other issues or advice? Many thanks.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
When I had a Phantom Tracker the battery would last about 2 months.
You could buy a cheap portable solar panel, or a spare battery and recharge and swop them over.

Oct 19, 2023
Visit site
Options.
1. Second battery, rotate them every few weeks and bring one home to charge.
2. Small solar panel - can be setup inside caravan in a window / skylight if you don't cover it.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
When I had a Phantom Tracker the battery would last about 2 months.
You could buy a cheap portable solar panel, or a spare battery and recharge and swop them over.
When I had a Phantom Tracker it killed the battery in 2 weeks - if the caravan is situated in an area with weak mobile phone signal on whatever network Phantom use, it'll continuously try to contact base and so flatten the battery - I had to persuade Lunar to tell me where they'd hidden it.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Our van is in storage. We leave the battery hooked up ( although in the previous storage unit they insisted on disconnecting the battery). We have a Swift and you can switch off all 12volt using the button on the Sargent unit. It has a solar panel that will continue to charge the leisure battery even with 12v switched off. Last winter the battery stayed topped up.
We do go away in it in the winter and check on it periodically. If the battery was getting low we would swap it over for our other leisure battery ( don’t ask 😀) and bring it home to put on a smart charger.
Mel

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
When I had a Phantom Tracker it killed the battery in 2 weeks - if the caravan is situated in an area with weak mobile phone signal on whatever network Phantom use, it'll continuously try to contact base and so flatten the battery - I had to persuade Lunar to tell me where they'd hidden it.
I had the same problem at first, (2010 ) kept under cover, I spoke to Phantom and they somehow remotely. "Tweeked" the system, and I would get 8 weeks before the battery flattened.
Magic.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I had the same problem at first, (2010 ) kept under cover, I spoke to Phantom and they somehow remotely. "Tweeked" the system, and I would get 8 weeks before the battery flattened.
Magic.
Yep we never had an issue with our Phantom tracker as they can do things remotely. However the OP may have the reactive type Tracker fitted which only activates once the OP lets the tracking company know there is an issue with the caravan. Drainage by that tracker may be a low lower than with an active Phantom tracker? :unsure:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts