storage of toys, remote control cars etc

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Annette

They take up loads of room! we just pack them in the underseat storage while towing and most stay there or go in the awning when we arrive.

The Bikes are the biggest problem, we try to lock them to the car carrier over night or in the awning locked to the table and a chair so anyone trying to pinch them will have to make a lot of noise.

Toby (our dog) is too friendly to scare anyone off, so he is no help!

Once you have the gas on, fill up the front cubby with the toys that are OK to get wet

Steve

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
With a total of three radio cars, two trucks and little helicopter (untried) we give up most of the space under the parallel front seats. we are lucky though, our kids have flown the nest so there's just me and SWMBO.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
We had 3 plastic large storage box's and the kids could take what fitted in them and that included my sons RC monster buggy.

Kids always slept in Awning sleeping compartments, what they took they cared for in their space and kept tidy and clean. Locked in van or car when we went out and in their space when we came back.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
For the toys have you thought of one of those streamlined storage boxes that fit on the roof rack? I know they cause an increase of fuel consumption but would free up the caravan for clothes. etc.

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site
I'm going to stick my neck out here Colin, and suggest that when towing a caravan a streamlined roofbox would actually decrease fuel consumption.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
We got two bags of toys plus lots of teddy bears my litter girl as a lot on her bed wonder how she get in bed some times.

Kieran got a train set in is bag which I have to set up every time.

Mark

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm going to stick my neck out here Colin, and suggest that when towing a caravan a streamlined roofbox would actually decrease fuel consumption.
You could be right here Craig as I did not think of the slipstreaming effect that the box could have on the van. Good point, the only thing it should be removed when travelling solo as this will increase the fuel consumption.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts