Strange question?

Feb 12, 2007
Visit site
Can anyone tell me please is the T.V.supplied in the new Bailey Senator California an HD set and is suitable for the change over to digital transmission? also does it have freeview integrated into the set? also does it play CDs ? How many of you have bought the new Senator California and what are your first impressions? Thanks in advance for any answers.

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
Current Senator TVs are freeview compatable so will be fine after the switchover.

The DVD playing facility is from the built in stereo so CDs will get played from there too. Not sure if it is HD ready.

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
Ive just bought a Vermont and I believe that the Bailey TV only works from the 12v plug lead supplied with it which is a bit confusing - I have not used it yet but again I understand that it switches between 12v and mains from the 12v plug lead - my dealer was a bit vague as was Baileys customer service when I asked them about this - I think it does have Freeview built in and as the other reply, it plays DVDs from the combined radio/CD/DVD player - anybody know anymore about them please?

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
The 17" TV that came with our Indiana S6 only works on 12v does have freeview and is not HD. The audio and picture quality, in my opinion, is rubbish so I replaced it with a 19" flat screen. I've even got the TV sound to come from the speakers at the front of the van, which only happened before when playing DVD's, just needed a scart and a bit of plug swapping.

Much better now

Mike

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
I did the same on our coachman mikeyw, just swapped the output plugs to input and now we have the tv sound coming out of the stereo speakers front and rear. i know its not surround sound but it beats having to turn the tv up too loud just so we can hear it and the quality of sound is far superior to the tiny in built speakers on the tv itself.

Oct 24, 2007
Visit site
Hi, I've ordered a California at the NEC last month. Obviously not yet been delivered but the dealer said Bailey was now fitting a different TV of better quality but smaller size.

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
Tony, looking at the Bailey website the TV is now a 15" branded flat screen television although it doesn't say which brand. I'm sure it will be better quality but at 15" it's a bit small for me when I'm relaxing in the lounge area with my feet up. I'm very happy with the 19" I bought.

Best of luck with the new van.

Mike

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
MikeyW - if the Bailey TV is not so good, can you still play DVDs on your own TV from the built in radio/CD/DVD player in the caravan?

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
Hi Jon

Yes you can still play DVDs from the built in player, obviously you need to plug the phono plugs in the back of the TV as you would with the Bailey supplied TV. In my Indiana it mounts on the panel just outside the bedroom, the aerial and phonos plug in but I don't use the 12v supply lead as it works off of mains also as it's larger it won't swivel round to watch in bed, but I can mount it after swivelling panel if need be. I replaced the bracket with a tilting quick release one.

Is the TV in your van mounted in the same place?

Mike

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Gilbert

Our november 2007 Wyoming had its tv delivered separately by a firm called BCA. What a load of rubbish./ Unless you look at the screen straight on you get terrible ghosting shadows. Bailey sent us a better mounting which is fine except the tv no longer swivels. It is not HD ready nor does it have freeview.

We use our old faithful flat screen in the lounge now connected up to the sky box and dish.

The supplied tv when mine was new had no bearing on our choice of caravan. Anyway it does work and that's about it.

Cheers

Dustydog

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi Mike - thanks for the answer about the DVD player - my Senator is a Vermont two berth so the Bailey TV is used freestanding - we only got the van last month and its our first outing with it this weekend so I think we will be taking our portable TV with us just in case the Bailey one is no good - that is if we dont get snowed in!

Jon

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
Back again - been away this weekend with our Bailey Senator and found the TV was rubbish - could not get a decent picture despite having the new style Status 530 aerial at full height - tried our own portable and got a great picture on quite a few freeview channels with the same aerial pointed in the same direction - the Bailey TV will be stopping at home in future

Nov 13, 2008
Visit site
We have a Bailey Senator Wyoming S6 2008 which has a different telly that the 2007 model.It is freeview and analogue and we have had a good picture on it since we have had it no problems.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts