Stroud Hill Park, St Ives, Cambridgeshire

Oct 30, 2006
Visit site
Has anyone been to this site ? We have booked for my 50th birthday weekend, I don't want a lot of fuss, so we booked to go away just the two of us, first time we have been away on our own and to an adults only site , always thought sound a bit saucy, well I hope so, it is my birthday !
We have booked a meal on the night at the nearby restaurant, we booked in case it gets busy, anyone eaten there ?
Take care and all the best, and thanks for any views, ideas or opinions
Paul

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Paul, We don't live far from the above site got plenty of nice walks, few of our friends been there and said that the pitch is on the small size and tight if you are fit? there is tennis course ect, at that age I rather sit down and watch other play with a glass of wine!
Few friend said to us meals was nice, but other found the pub down the road was better and half the price,
But that was then not sure about now, what ever happen enjoy your birthday and good luck,
Let us know how you got on? Trevor123

Jul 6, 2007
Visit site
Forget the restaurant,very expensive, use Mad Cat Pub in Pidley, less than half the price and better food. No connection, just live locally and use it.

Oct 19, 2007
Visit site
We have been there twice, the first time it was very nice, ate in the restaurant on site and although pricey it was good. Pitches are tight, its doubtful you will get one down by the restaurant and the site sort of curves to the right and goes up hill - a steep hill so chocks are necessary and for less mobile campers it would certainly be an issue.

The second time we went, probably a couple of years ago now it was very different. On arrival we were unable to book a table at the restaurant for either Friday or Saturday as it was full with locals. Fair enough, but they did not mention this when we booked the pitch - our fault I guess. They did however invite us to a wine & tapas afternoon on the Saturday at £35+ per head - again very busy but not with caravanners. We felt things had changed beyond belief since our first visit, and unfortunately as campers felt more of an inconvenience than a welcome guest, they just seemed totally disinterested and the focus was very much on money making from the nearby golf course clientele. Chatting to others on site it wasn't just us who had noticed the lukewarm reception, needless to say we have not been back and don't intend to in the future.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts