Structural Question

Aug 2, 2022
Visit site
Hi,

Bit of an odd question i know, however!

We have recently bought a 1997 Abbey Iona 2 Berth. It's not going to be used for touring at all, it's going to stay on our driveway and my wife is going to use it as her business premises.

We would like to remodel the interior by removing the seats along either side and the 2 floor to ceiling cupboards on either side. We don't plan on replacing these. The small storage cupboards above the seats will all be left in place.

Would this affect the structural integrity of the caravan? If so, how much could be safely removed?

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks
Ross

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The internal fittings you mention form the structural integrety of the van, and whilst you can remove them you must replace with sometning to restore that integrety.
This kind of job really should be left to someone who knows what can and cannot be done.

Reactions: Ross McK
Aug 2, 2022
Visit site
The internal fittings you mention form the structural integrety of the van, and whilst you can remove them you must replace with sometning to restore that integrety.
This kind of job really should be left to someone who knows what can and cannot be done.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

So the seats along the sides and the floor to ceiling cupboards would have to be left in place? Removal of any of them would affect the integrity?

I'm only asking as i have been looking around and seen numerous small touring caravans converted to other uses that have had all of these removed.

The caravan will never be towed it is purely for use on the driveway.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts