Suffolk site ideas - please!

Nov 13, 2007
Visit site
We’re hoping to head down to Suffolk in April/May time. I’ve never been before but the inlaws rave about Southwold and Aldeburgh.
It might be just where I’m looking but there’s seems to be shortage of quality sites in this area. The best recommended so far is the moon and sixpence. If any one else has any thoughts on the moon & sixpence or other recommendations I’d be keen to hear them.
Our idea of a perfect site, is CC quality and civility along with a pool & plenty of space between units (I know this is expecting a bit much).
Not looking forward to the drag very much, North Wales to Suffolk looks to be b**t* of journey.

Thanks in advance.
Gavin

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi Gavin
I'm not sure I can meet your ideal specification, but you could look at the Camping and Caravanning Club Site at Kessingland, which is on the coast a few miles north of Southwold. There is also a commercial site on the south side of Southwold, but I think it gets fairly crowded. Southwold is very attractive, but gets pretty crowded in the height of the season and at weekends at other times.
We have visited several times and we use a good CL at Shingle Hall, Brampton. It is entered under Beccles in the Caravan Club book. It is pretty spacious and has electrics and a loo and shower, but obviously not the other facilities you specify! It is about 8 miles from Southwold and you can drive there using mainly cross country lanes.
For a usually deserted beach (walking access only), go to Covehythe - between Southwold and Kessingland.
Cheers
Paul

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
hi. If you have children then I can recommend Heathlands Beach at Kessingland. Huge pitches, big play areas, a bar, a pool (outdoor) and a fishing pond. Nice family site but not mad like Haven in the school holidays. Direct access to the beach albeit down some steep steps. Near to africa alive Safari park. If you don't have chidren then it is probably not for you, especially in school hols.
mel

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Hello Gavin
We went to the Moon & sixpence a couple of years ago, we agree with your in laws the area is realy good, the site has several touring areas, an adults only area ( about ten pitches) a touring area set above the camping / touring lakeside area, we were told that in very wet times this floods but there was no sign of this during our stay in late september although we did have some rain. the site has a good games area and has a 9 hole pitch and putt golf course along with a bar and resturaunt altogether we enjoyed the time. There are also a lot of statics but this didn't spoil the site as far as we are concerned
Yours
ALB

TRENDING THREADS