Summer Rallies

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Hi all

Can anyone recommend a good rally during the 6 week school holidays please, we have 3 children under 5 to keep happy!! lol

Thanks
Ricki

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi Ricki, quick look in the C&C Club magazine and looks like they are only advertising up to the end of the year.
Perhaps they may publish some in the January mag. Sorry cant be of no more help.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
The C&CC Leeds DA always have a THS at Fraisthorpe, Bridlington. This year it was August 5th - September 2nd. over the Bank Holiday. Big field and on the beach, no roads to cross and a good beach walk into Brid. if you wanted. Plenty of room for the kids to play on a safe sandy beach.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
If unlucky enough to be in east Yorkshire in August there are also two more THS' at Flamborough, one in the village and one out near the head.

I have to say that when we were looking for this August there was nothing where we wanted to at the times we wanted so stuck to off the beaten track CL's, also nice and cheap when carting three dowgettes around.

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks..

Martin - What are CL sites like then? I always , maybe wrongly, assumed that they were not that suitbale for young children as the sites were small, again I assumed that the clients of Certified sites/locations use them for quietness and their remote locations...

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, but this is totally off topic, but Tukums, your picture is the same as one I have, but cannot remember where we took it! It was somewhere in north east France, small market town near a lake. Please help, cos now it's going to drive me bonkers!

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
For a start our children are a little older at 13, 11 and nearly 9 but usually the CL's we use have plenty of space. Provided Children are reasonably behaved and do not play by other units you would have no issues. The CL we use in North Devon, the owner gives them free run of the yard and her garden, even laying on an easter egg hunt for them, One in North Yorkshire there's a huge expance of space for them as well as acres of forest to explore. In Hampshire again plenty of space and Derbyshire and East yorks. We tend to stick to CL's without electrics or facilities although location normally comes first. Dartmouth last August cost us £5 per night, again a big field with plenty of play space. Owner of a CL we used near penzance this year said how nice it was to have a family for a change and not just another couple.
Having a look on google maps etc before booking to get a view of the field size and location works well as well just checking in the book at the size of the field. We would avoid ones that were only say a quater of an acre.

As an aside how's the defender going?? is it the 2.2 and have you needed to have the cooling system pipework looked at??

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Martin - will have a look into CL's then. I'm only C&CC member so I take it Certified Sites are the same principal?

Defender great, not had any issues nor heard of any with cooling pipework, have you?

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Yes CS's much the same. One at Carsington Water quite good but a bit rough under foot, ideal though for the children as walking distance to the resevoir, visitor centre, cafe and playground. Luckily ours are old enough to go by themselves. Yes cooling pipe got a hole in it from a clip from another pipe, garage missed it and ended up having to call LR assist to sort us out!!! Towing however is rock solid even with our heavy old lump of a van on behind!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts