Suncamp outdoor revolution space light awning

Jan 28, 2007
Visit site
these are the new type which rolls out from a bag which is carried in your awning rail all the time, need to know if anybody has tried one this year, they are cheap at £160 and wondered if anyone knows how they perform ? ,,,,many thanks in anticipation

Jul 16, 2007
Visit site
Glen

we bought one and it was quite slack the first couple of times and did blow about a bit at first, but gave us loads of room. We improved the slackness by using the storm straps provided and this has stood up to some fairly windy conditions. Although you can leave it in the awning channel, we prefer to remove it when travelling - only takes a few seconds.

We also have a Scenic+ which is a much tighter fit, but less room. The Scenic poles can mark the side of the 'van, but we use rubber 'feet' which helps.

Depends on the room you want - our dog sleeps in the awning and its also a storeroom for often wet outdoor clothes. On balance, the Scenic+ is our choice for most of the year as it is also easier to put away when wet - we just roll it up, store in the shower, then peg it out when we get home.

Hope this helps.

Dec 6, 2007
Visit site
Hi Glen, we have a Suncamp porch awning but not like you describe, they seem to be bit Buget end of the market but i'd recon you get what you pay for. I find ours difficult to get taught against the caravan too.

Ken, Poor dog............! ;-]

Jun 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

there are some good daels on E-bay for new, slightly marked but new, and little used ones. We bought a base camp romany 300 and are very pleased with it.Stood up to windy conditons in New Year. Cost inc postage

Jul 16, 2007
Visit site
Hi Glen, we have a Suncamp porch awning but not like you describe, they seem to be bit Buget end of the market but i'd recon you get what you pay for. I find ours difficult to get taught against the caravan too.

Ken, Poor dog............! ;-]
Poor dog! Huh. As soon as we start loading to go away, she's in the back of the Sorento and won't leave until we get where we're going. Then all day walking! If we don't use the awning, we've got a small 2 man pup (sorry) tent which takes 2 minutes to put up and she loves that - she will lay in it in the day with the zips open and watch the world go by. She sleeps in the 'van if its really cold, but is happy in either the awning or tent.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts