Sunncamp 260

Sep 8, 2006
Visit site
Hi - we used one of these for last years touring and it's still going strong - it's been up in all weathers, it's lightweight and easy to put up. Our only gripe is the fact it never fits flush to the side of the caravan. In winter it was pretty cold in there. You can now buy these awnings with a side cusion and pole thats fits flush to the side of the van. We saw them at Highbridge Caravans in Somerset. You may want to have a look on their website because if I remember rightly the cost was about the same.

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
We have the Sunncamp 260 and we are generally pleased with it. As posted elsewhere, you can't get a good seal down the sides of the van and we've added eyelets along the bottom of the mudflaps as we found it hard to get a good seal on the bottom when on sloping pitches (our caravan height is at the top of the specified range). It now takes a bit longer to peg out but it's worth it. It is very easy to erect and take down (we can do it single handed if necessary) and it stays up even in high winds. The packed bag is fairly compact and will easily fit under the caravan when not in use such as on overnight stops.

We bought it as we can't afford a full awning yet but sometimes wish we'd gone for the 390 for the extra space. Overall though, happy with purchase.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
brilliant these lightweight awnings we've got a Sun Camp 260 small than the one you're talking about i know but the principal is the same.

taking ours down this morning i had a night mare, firstly the elastic came out of one of the fibre glas pole section and then a spring from on eof the cross sections broke...aall in about 20 seconds. This is our second season of using it just for weekends.

Any one know how to replce or repair ???

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts