sunncamp ultima 260

Sep 8, 2004
Visit site
i am considering buying the 260 and after reading several topics about it on this forum one of the most common faults with them appears to be getting them flush to the 'van side,mentioned was using duck tape,does anybody use this method and if so does it work or cause damage to either 'van or awning,also do you use 1 complete strip top to bottom or a series of smaller strips,thanks everyone in anticipation.

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
i have the 360 and it was a bit lose on one side but it was fine. my in laws have the 260 in green 4 weeks old i think they may be selling it its been used once for a weekend. there going back to there porch awning.

jo-anne

Jan 6, 2007
Visit site
hiya, we've just bought a 360, after our full size awning blew up and over the onto the roof earlier this year in windy weather in york. decided life would be better if we had something lighter, as climbing in the old one to put it up was a pain in the b**, this you put up on the outside, no sweating, and you can hold on to it!!!! the difference i can see is where your windows are, ours cuts across the front window, but thats fine for us, the smaller one may fit better on your van. hope this helps you make up your mind

jayne

Sep 14, 2006
Visit site
We bought a 260 earlier this year and put it up for the first time at Easter when it snowed and it withstood that then we went to Wales in June and had gale force winds and it was the only awning left standing after two days of unexpected gales. We did managed to put a storm strap over the front tying it into two of the loops and putting duck tape under to protect the rods. Most of the other awnings on the site were bradcot etc and they landed either up over the caravans or ripped sideways. THen it has been through torrential rainfall over the summer and not even a leak. However I don't think they are appropriate for sleeping in as they don't fit tightly enought against the caravan. We had a Bradcot porch awning and it was a pain to put up the 260 only takes 15mins and is very light and easy to take down. For the price I think they are great and if it only lasts a couple of years we would be very happy.

Jan 6, 2007
Visit site
hiya, as you say alan they do seem fragile, but for the money, they seem ok, as for the storm strap issue thanks for the idea robin, as we have had one blow over the top, i am aware now i'm parniod it will happen again, thanks for the idea.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts