Sureflo pressurised water system

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
We have one of these systems in our 2008 van (Eldiss) and currently on holiday we are noting that the pump gives a brief pump (one second only) every 15 min or so. We have no dripping taps, I can not see a leak ( not easy to check totally) could it be the pressure switch? I also note that the hot water flow is slightly bubbly (cold OK) which I don't remember before. If it is sucking in air before the pump though this I think would effect hot and cold flow. The van is level and we have gone though 3 weeks worth of aqua roll changes so there shouldnt be any air in the system. Any ideas?

When we go out or to bed we simply switch the pump off.

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
mine does that every now and again.Once the system is pressurised and as the plastic pipes expand the pressure may drop slightly so the pump runs. Mine does it about 4.0am for some reason.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have similar problem with sureflo in our Sterling, the only difference is ours runs for about 2 seconds then shuts the pump switch off & displays "pump overload". Have checked all joints in pipes & valves - no leaks, so stuck with it !

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Chris,

Phil has given one strong possibility for the sporadic operation, but that should only happen perhaps a couple of times after the taps have been closed. another common cause is if the water heater is full of hot water, and you the turn of the heater, as the water contracts as it cools and the pressure in the tank drops. The pump senses this and runs to re-pressurise.

Another water heater related problem can be the heaters pressure relief valve, If this is weeping it will drop water outside the van or under it depending on which heater you have. this can happen if the valve is weaker than it should be, or if the pump is slightly over active and raises the pressure too much. A solution can be to adjust the pumps's pressure switch to a slightly lower setting - see the instruction manual on how to do that.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts