Surf Sites in the South West

Oct 3, 2007
Visit site
Dear Those-Who-Know,

We are planning to purchase a large (24ft) caravan, which ideally we would like to leave on a site for the summer, and spend free weekends and weeks there.

Does anyone recommend a dog friendly site, within 1/2 hour of Cornish or Devon surf coasts, where we can come and go all summer? We'd just need a loo disposal site, and a nice friendly owner to keep an eye out. Winter storage would be great too, but we could tow it off if necessary?

Really looking forward to caravanning again, so help would be great! Thanks, Karen

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
Hi Karen,

It seems to me that you would be better off with a static van, then you wouldnt have the problem of towing to a site then at the end of the season possibly having to find some where to store it.

I have seen plenty of adverts in the national press selling new & 2nd hand static vans in North Deven & Cornwall.

Good luck in your decision.

Graham W.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Karen

Try this site which is in Goonhaven - handy for Perranporth or Newquay [Fistral Beach].

http://www.penrosefarm.co.uk/Default.htm
There are lots of smaller sites in Goonhaven and if Penrose can't help perhaps they could suggest another site.

There are certainly other sites who offer storage but a seasonal pitch may not be so easy [or cheap].

This site I know is open all year. http://www.monkeytreeholidaypark.co.uk/

HTH

Sep 23, 2006
Visit site
Karen,

I reckon Trewince Farm Holiday Park may be right up your street.

It is between Wadebridge and Padstow, so handy for the surfing at Polzeath, and not too far down to Newquay.

Thay have seasonal pitches AND winter storgae there, in fact some people store their vans there and the site gets them out and places them on a pitch when the owner wants to go down there.

Dogs are welcome there and they have a dog exercise area.

Worth a look I think.

Nov 3, 2006
Visit site
Stowford Farm Meadows near to fantastic surf beach at Woolacoombe North Devon. They are open all year, and swimming pool etc, seasonal pitches, or all year storage whereby you just give them a call when you are coming down, pay a small fee and they tow on and off of a pitch for you, subject to availabilty of course.

Oct 3, 2007
Visit site
Hi Karen,

It seems to me that you would be better off with a static van, then you wouldnt have the problem of towing to a site then at the end of the season possibly having to find some where to store it.

I have seen plenty of adverts in the national press selling new & 2nd hand static vans in North Deven & Cornwall.

Good luck in your decision.

Graham W.
Dear Graham,

Thanks for advice!

We had considered having a static, until a friend mentioned that some sites do offer seasonal pitches for tourers. This way we can be a bit more flexible, especially if we decide to have a change mid-season!

Thanks again, Karen

Oct 3, 2007
Visit site
Hi Karen

Try this site which is in Goonhaven - handy for Perranporth or Newquay [Fistral Beach].

http://www.penrosefarm.co.uk/Default.htm
There are lots of smaller sites in Goonhaven and if Penrose can't help perhaps they could suggest another site.

There are certainly other sites who offer storage but a seasonal pitch may not be so easy [or cheap].

This site I know is open all year. http://www.monkeytreeholidaypark.co.uk/

HTH

Mike,

Yep it did definitely help; we're off to have a look next weekend.

Cheers!

Karen

Oct 3, 2007
Visit site
Karen,

I reckon Trewince Farm Holiday Park may be right up your street.

It is between Wadebridge and Padstow, so handy for the surfing at Polzeath, and not too far down to Newquay.

Thay have seasonal pitches AND winter storgae there, in fact some people store their vans there and the site gets them out and places them on a pitch when the owner wants to go down there.

Dogs are welcome there and they have a dog exercise area.

Worth a look I think.
Thanks John,

We're off to have a look next weekend

Cheers!

Jul 4, 2005
Visit site
You will struggle to get a site right on a beach but as you say within 30 mins I would suggest Sunny Meadows on the main road between Goonhavern and Perranporth (3 mins Drive), also very handy for Porthtowan, Polly Joke, Holywell bay and Newquay (10 mins)

The site is clean, very very reasonably priced and you can store your van there all year for a ludicrously low price. In the season give them a shout the day before and they will pull it out for you, site it and level it, pitch fees are half of what you would pay for any CC site.

Failing that Watergate bay Touring park, (5 miles to Newquay) larger and more commercial with a bar and entertainment in high season, very close to the beach, but more expensive, especially since Jamie Oliver opened his Fifteen restaurant just down the hill.

I live and surf and caravan in Cornwall.....So trust me, I know!!

Sep 13, 2006
Visit site
You could try Ruda at Croyde if not that is a good area anyway because you have the pick of the different conditions at Woolacombe, Croyde and Saunton sands, you can normally get good surf at one or more of them.

Dec 28, 2006
Visit site
You could try Ruda at Croyde if not that is a good area anyway because you have the pick of the different conditions at Woolacombe, Croyde and Saunton sands, you can normally get good surf at one or more of them.
You could try Lobb Fields - they are about 1 1/2 miles from Croyde and even close to Staunton Sands.

They will now store vans and tow to a pitch for ready for your arrival.

http://www.lobbfields.com/

Jun 20, 2007
Visit site
hi karen

you could try a cl we use if you are a member of the caravan club its called hallagather farm just a field with toilet emptying point also sea views its near crackington haven good beach for surfing also just up the road great surfing beach strangeles and only about 9 miles from bude with all its surfing beaches not far from north devon either. the farm also store caravans real friendly family its only about

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts