Suspicions and trust

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
Hi All

Since Kanga, Daventura and all have been exposed there is a distinct 'cold air' over this forum. It seems to some extent that everyone suspects somebody as being a troll, inevitably innocent people are going to get branded. New people posting are all going to be under suspicion and heaven help them if they ask a contentious question or make a typing error. I posted in this section under 'Mr Moderator' that I thought the forum should be closed so better log on facilities could be introduced and to perhaps give a short cooling of period. Understandably it didn't meet with much support. I did not type that submission lightly and without thought but I seriously cannot see light at the end of the tunnel. Whoever Kanga is will return again and again, have no doubt about that, and each time he will have learnt by his mistakes.

Has anyone got any views they would like to submit on this subject?

I did wonder if we all put some ideas/suggestions together it might produce an overall answer to the problem

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The problem Martyn is the trust. Just look at some of the posts, Kanga had so many log on's he could be anyone and you are right we are all nervous now answering new people wondering wheter they are genuine questions. I think the closure for a cooling down period is a good idea, but agree with some of the other views that not everyone stops for winter. I have suggested to the mod that all threads (not replies but the whole lot) are removed, the ones from Kanga, Billy, etc. Even today you can see that Kanga posts have changed to Billy when we had the problem with the site so it is a BIG issue.

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
the best thing to do is not assume anyone is Kanga and to carry on as if they are not. If you think someone is them mail the mod. They have already asked for this in another thread.

Steve

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Even if it is just a suspicion it is worth mailing, they can soon confirm if they think you are right or not and if you not so be it, but we will clean the site eventually I am sure.

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Understand that the Mod will not reply with confirmation either way, that is unfair to ask them to.

What the mod will be able to do is

1, identify what names appear most

2, find some way to deal with it

3 prove to their boss that a pay rise is in order due to the amout of work they have in their inbox

Steve

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I beleive that it takes every kind of person to have a good forum, and we are all very lucky to be living in a country where by and large free speech exists. The other aspect is that all of us are By and large invisible to each other and therefore that is a grand protection to have.

I endeavour to listen to posts and topics regarding caravanning without becoming emotive about issues that I fundermentally disagree with in the hope that I will learn from others points of view and be persuaded to change my stance. I have learned a great deal from a large number of people on this forum and it is up to the majority to lift up the quality of what we discuss.

The few which have been removed from the site had not done me any harm in my daily life etc. and therefore the majority of us should be able to turn a abusive, foul mouthed contributor into a model member.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Shiraz, I'll try to keep up the good work of turning these people around.

I'll need some help with a few of them though.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
What does that mean janey1? I though it was "laughing my ass off" but there's too many "a" and "o" for that.

If it does mean LMAO, why are you so happy?

Mar 21, 2005
Visit site
As I said Stinky, that's what the Lord says when he finds something funny.

I'm happy 'cos that's the sort of person I am, life's way too short to be anything else. Also I just love a man with a sense of humour. I take it your post was intended to be funny .... unless of course, you really think it's your mission to "turn people round", in which case, it's even funnier!

lmaaaaoooooooooo

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Janey - could not agree more - I had a small victory the other day - I managed to persuade a young lad who wanted to by a tricycle to buy a bike instead!

The sense of self righteous humbug that washed over me made me go all un-necessary.

What a feeling!

Mar 21, 2005
Visit site
OOOh Clive, I'm so jealous. I hardly ever get the opportunity to enrich someone's life like that. I'll have to try harder. Yep Clive, nothing beats that feeling does it. ;-)

Mar 21, 2005
Visit site
Pete, you've lost your stink !!

I think "lmaaooooooo" means to laugh your ass off with a West Country accent, you know, with elongated words, a bit like Jethro or the Worzels, but to be honest, you'll have to ask Lord Brakewynd 'cos it's his saying. I just think it's funny.

Nov 8, 2005
Visit site
It's a bit too sad and relatives may also be reading. I was going to send it to you on an email but my old account's been locked because I changed my name.

The real bummer was that I only changed it to reflect the new improved Pete and move away from the stinkyness.

Mar 21, 2005
Visit site
Pete,

I apologise if I was a bit flippant about your problem - I wrongly assumed you were joking. You clearly are upset about something and I hope you'll be OK.

Look forward to getting to know the new Pete, and from first impressions, he seems OK.

Jane

TRENDING THREADS